Home

MLB '10: The Show Video Interview: Real-Time Flow (Gametrailers)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video Interview: Real-Time Flow (Gametrailers) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #73
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video Interview: Real-Time Flow (Gametrailers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
I agree! I think the point accumulation system, and goal advancing needs to be looked at. There are some cases as a pitcher where there will be a guy on 3rd base with 1 out, and the goal is to strikeout the batter. Well, I got the batter to pop-up to the shortstop so the runner didn't advance, but I got negative points and was skipped on my next start for not doing what the manager said. Things like that are ridiculous and should be tweaked. The goal should be more result oriented. Instead of "strike out the batter", it should be "don't let the batter drive the runner in." This way, if you get a groundball back to the pitcher, a short pop-up, a short fly-ball, etc. you get credit. Basically, it would be nice if that advancement logic was looked at and not have it be "negative" or "positive". Include "okay, that's acceptable" which doesn't hurt you, but doesn't help you.
Agreed. Hopefully some of this was addressed with the improved RTTS logic.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #74
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Did you guys notice I lost my voice at the end. We had to shot the end about 4 times because I couldn't talk lol.
Nothing gets you closer!

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 01-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Did you guys notice I lost my voice at the end. We had to shot the end about 4 times because I couldn't talk lol.
Yea, I did notice that but my question is WHY are you guys in my pockets???? I'm not even a big baseball fan YET the last 2 years you've gotten my $60 plus NJ tax and are inline to get it, once again, this year! This game is INSANELY well done and, again, that comes from a not so huge of a baseball fan.

Just pass the word to whoever it may concern that this level of attention to detail and realism needs to be done for the NBA series on the PS3 unless they've gotten the point since SCEA didn't release a hoops games, this year, for the PS3. Hopefully, it was to get it on par with The Show so THAT series can get in my pockets, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 24

I remember when 09 was released, Ian complimented SCEA on all they did to make this game great.

Wonder what he's thinking now after seeing this new video!?

Russell and SCEA, you've outdid yourselves once again! Looks fantastic!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #77
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Yes, SCEA finds a way to top their game every year. It never ceases to amaze me how they can take such a wonderful and realistic game, like the show 09, and make it look so obsolete every year

Thank you.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess5
Hi Ladies-

This isn't a complaint because I know that the final version is still weeks away from completion...but did anyone notice the graphic in the upper left corner of the screen during the "pregame" between the Yanks-Twins (when the three Twinkies are in front of the dugout stretching)??

It says "HHH Metrodome"

LOL

Hugs and kisses and all things sweet to you all

Yeah noticed that as well. They should have ime to make that correction. In NCAA football 10, not only did they give Minnesota a generic outdoor stadium that looked nothing like the brand new TCF Bank stadium, but their commentary still mentions the metrodome at the end of quarters. Whoops!

http://www.youtube.com/SportsGamingUniverse
Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm waiting on a video that actually shows "RTP", every video released thus far someone is mashing a button taking away from the feature. I would love for the 1st blog to be about RTP and show a inning or two of the game being played in that perspective without an impatient human disrupting the flow.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I'm waiting on a video that actually shows "RTP", every video released thus far someone is mashing a button taking away from the feature. I would love for the 1st blog to be about RTP and show a inning or two of the game being played in that perspective without an impatient human disrupting the flow.
Same here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »