Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #369
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
I want to know what "accessories" were added this year. (sleeve lengths, tape, bats, etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I second this request

Third.

I also know that the devs have to go by the MLB style guide but I'd love to see a uniform editor like Madden '10 has in the pre-game selection.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #370
Rookie

djo201's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Hey man, real life comes first. You have done an excellent job already. I am sure all of us can be patient. Keep up the good work!
Are you kidding me? We want the info and we want it NOW! /jk

We'll wait for how much time it takes you. Since most of us couldn't go there, you're bringing CES to us with your videos and info. Take your time and great job so far.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #371
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Finally was able to check out those videos some of them the rep was playing the game on broadcast presentation not real time. We have options for the type of presentation you want to see in the game. Just like with every feature if we add one we don't take the old one out the rep just doesn't know a ton about the game and always loaded the builds up on default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #372
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Finally was able to check out those videos some of them the rep was playing the game on broadcast presentation not real time. We have options for the type of presentation you want to see in the game. Just like with every feature if we add one we don't take the old one out the rep just doesn't know a ton about the game and always loaded the builds up on default.

I have to say. Us collectively here are pretty darn sharp. We had a theory this was the case. Kind of feels good that we were right.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #373
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Russell, sorry i haven't read through every last page on this thread, so sorry if this was addressed. As the OP pointed out, the button mapping to toggle the mic on and off is horrible. The left stick is just too sensitive during gameplay.

One idea is to obviously change the button configuration. Also, my question is, why isn't there a "mic indicator" to let us know whether the mic is on or off? This would also help make things alot easier.

Love the game, its easily the best sports game bar none. Also, great work and thank you for all the hard work!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #374
Banned

OVR: 24

Its funny, I'm a grown man now, but waiting for the new edition of the greatest sports game ever. Well it reminds me when I was a kid waiting for Christmas. Thanks to the SCEA dev team.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #375
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Are we able to play a Franchise in the AL with the DH off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #376
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: @ CES w/ Russell. Hands ON Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
I guess the balance of batted ball vs. fielder/runner speed is what I saw last year. For example, there would be instances when I would hit a line drive to LF and the baserunner would run to 1B like he was beating out a groundball and peel off 1B rather than making a turn to 2B.
out of curiousity, did you immediately tell him to go to 2nd? About halfway down the line? I learned that I had better success at getting extra base hits and stretching doubles to triples by immediately telling my runner that I wanted him to advance.

I looked at it from the perspective that I'm halfway down the line, picking up my base coach, and he's frantically waving me on.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »