Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #265
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

The stickler for animations that I am, I also liked the few new OF to IF throwing animations I saw. And as said, the check swings really enhance the reality of the game.

I just wish we could see more batters with full signature routines down to between pitch warm up swings and all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #266
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
The stickler for animations that I am, I also liked the few new OF to IF throwing animations I saw. And as said, the check swings really enhance the reality of the game.

I just wish we could see more batters with full signature routines down to between pitch warm up swings and all that.
Considering they did this big focus thread asking for us to gather as much info as we can for player routines, my hopes are high.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #267
Banned

OVR: 11

One thing I noticed in the videos that made me giddy (and I can't remember if it was in last year's game) was how as the batters/videos changed, the time shown on the centerfield scoreboard kept changing and getting later and later. That was AWESOME to see! Having been at Yankee Stadium to see a TON of games last year, I have to say that the cathedral in the Bronx looks incredible!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #268
Banned

OVR: 21

there are so many pages in this thread already, so I don't know if this was asked.... but TC, did you get a chance to play the game in 3D..

I believe they have it in Sony's 3D OLED section.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #269
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
oh god, not the weather talk again. there are so many more important things to wish for.

forget more realistic hitting and commentary- we want RAINOUTS!!!
I didn't say one thing about weather. Try re-reading my post and after you do that, read it again.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #270
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: @ CES w/ Russell. Hands ON Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Wow.
Yeah that is slap in the Face. I'm pretty sure they know more than you Blzer. In fact they know how hard it is to program games. So even the things that seem simple to you are not simple in the programming world.

Last edited by Scottdau; 01-10-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #271
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
For you maybe, but not for him. Also he didn't mention anything about rainouts.
Exactly, I'm probably one of the few that could care less about weather. I was asking about whether or not the cloud cover that we had in day games last year would make its way over to night games this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #272
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: @ CES w/ Russell. Hands ON Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
you took a post personally that wasn't intended to be personal. I was joking around hence the at the end. I thought it would help it be understood that the post was meant to be a light-hearted comment. Perhaps I should've chosen another smiley...like maybe , , , , or . I also thought that by me posting the "BTW"...to start my second thought, that it would further illustrate the fact that the post was to be taken as light-hearted in nature. I apologize if you thought that I was being "sarcastic" towards you, as that was not the intention of my post.

You are not, or at least will not, be the only one that nitpicks at things when the game comes out, as I'll venture to say that we'll all do it in some form or fashion. Again, I am sorry if you thought my post was in some fashion an "attack" against you as it most certainly was not. I guess thats the problem with reading things via the computer is we, even with smileys, can't always understand the tone of a post nor fully disclose an intended tone with a post.
I have been telling you this works the best See!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »