Home

2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Jamin, these guys that did this got warned. If they continue, use report a post.

There are a few 2k guys who wander onto The Show forums also and nitpick at what they see. Don't understand what kind of kick these people get out of this, but, it's both sides. But, whoever is criticizing the game I think it's fairly deserved. The game went backward, not forward and people are going to be skeptical. If 2k visits the boards here, they should listen. I think the complaining is coming from mostly people who invested their money into this game the last few years.

Time will tell, but after just watching a few minutes of The Shows released info there is already complaining and that game is just a first week of January build. Theres an entire month left on production of that game, but people, for whatever reason are going to complain about this or that and you can tell them over and over that it's still way to early to nitpick with weeks left in production, but....nature of the beast, I guess.
I saw the bigs developers in the bigs forums asking for suggestions. Why can't the devs of the sim MLB title come on the boards and ask for suggestions? We are only trying to help make this game better. I have no problem with people criticizing the game. It is well deserved as you said, but there is no need to say this game sucks or how terrible it is or at least back it up with reasons. A lot of people make an effort to come on here and say those types of things. People really shouldn't complain about the show because that game is nearly perfect. If the developers come on here and asked for suggestions like SCEA does and tried to implement them in the game, than I think this game would turn into a true simulation, but the devs have to want to get help from the people who play the game.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Last edited by Jamin23; 01-08-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 60

Can't answer that, but perhaps the higher ups won't let them come here? I dunno.

I agree with you on anybody who rubs anyones nose in their game, but what I was tryin' to say is there are Show fans knocking what they're seeing right now regarding The Show and it's based on about three minutes of videos on a build that isn't nearly done. Sort of makes you want to pull your hair out, but I guess that's the nature of some gamers.

I think people on this forum are just frustrated because of the history of this game, rightfully so. It should be way better than it is by now, and that's not the gamers fault, so I think they give 2k a pretty good message, actually. Whether it will make any difference, dunno.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Can't answer that, but perhaps the higher ups won't let them come here? I dunno.

I agree with you on anybody who rubs anyones nose in their game, but what I was tryin' to say is there are Show fans knocking what they're seeing right now regarding The Show and it's based on about three minutes of videos on a build that isn't nearly done. Sort of makes you want to pull your hair out, but I guess that's the nature of some gamers.

I think people on this forum are just frustrated because of the history of this game, rightfully so. It should be way better than it is by now, and that's not the gamers fault, so I think they give 2k a pretty good message, actually. Whether it will make any difference, dunno.
I'm anxious to see the developer insight on next week to see what has improved. I don't believe that this game can get any worse and if it does than 2k is digging themselves in a deeper whole than they already are in and they are in a pretty deap hole.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #52
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Agreed,

You don't get results unless you voice your displeasure about things. And the words "troll" are thrown around too loosely around here. I see legitimate complaints being torn down as trolling, and sometimes it is not right. Especially when the person who is being called it sometimes, is far from a troll by post history.

You can't complain your displeasure on the 2K boards anymore, because you will get banned and deleted threads instantly. That kind of censorship is not cool. You want less complaints and more praises, make a better a product, it is as simple as that. Ones should be allowed to vent their displeasure if it is done in a constructive manner. And it seems that is getting harder and harder lately, And that is sad.

All about proper discourse, that is all.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #53
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Complaining happens on all games, but it does seem like it's a trend to come to the 2k forums and say how happy a person is to own a ps3, and how terrible 2k baseball is any time they get the opportunity. I'm sure 2k knows their baseball games have not been great. I guess that's why VC is the developer now. All games have faults, and I understand that 2k baseball hasn't been good for next-gen, but that doesn't mean that people should come here and bash this game non-stop without playing the game first. I have a ps3 and really enjoy the other game, but I never come here and bash anyone for pre-ordering this game or anything in that nature. I actually want both games to be great, and I DON'T want them to be the SAME. I want them both to feel different, but good in their own ways.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #54
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Judging by recent events, VC picking up the development in house seems more to do with 2K's financial situation more than anything.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 60

Relax Art, it's not a "trend". Pared already warned some people if you'll take the time to read through. Everything else that has been said is legit. It's not being bashed "non-stop", and if it is it's by the guys who buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #56
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Agreed,

You don't get results unless you voice your displeasure about things.
Maybe, but it gets taken too far. A guy created a thread just to say he was preordering the game, and look at how many people couldn't bite their tongue and had to say something negative. Doesn't seem to be too much constructive about that, all it does is discourage anything positive being discussed. All the guy said was he was preordering the game. I can understand wanting to voice displeasure about a purchase, but at the end of the day people should acknowledge their responsibility as a consumer to do due diligence.

I'd love to have a great NFL football game to play but there's ONE choice and nothing else. I purchased Madden 10 and I'm not satisfied with it, but I'm not going to act like I didn't know there was a chance it might not hold my interest based on the research I did before it released. I understand the need to vent or speak out on issues but I'm sure if 2-3 months prior to Madden 11's release I'm still complaining about Madden 10 (or 09, 08, etc.), I'm sure I'm going to be told to get over it.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »