Home

MLB '10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay

Well if they are reading minds they have been failing with reading my mind. I am still waiting for a ball to hit the pitcher in the head and then blood everywhere then the batter and catcher start fighting mortal combat style.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #130
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Well if they are reading minds they have been failing with reading my mind. I am still waiting for a ball to hit the pitcher in the head and then blood everywhere then the batter and catcher start fighting mortal combat style.
...or one of these moments?

Easily the best fight in MLB I've ever seen.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #131
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I can tell the players are wearing white wrist tape so that makes me ecstatic! I hope (as a roster fanatic) to see a lot more accesories and updated stances/motions.

Somehow, the devs continue to improve on an awesome game. Spectacular...
I was noticing this as well and was completely miffed as to what that was exactly. I thought it was the wrist opening to the batting glove that was white, but I guess not. I also noticed that Texiera also has that white band around the wrist as well. I didn't think it was wrist tape actually as Granderson and Texiera don't wear wrist tape, but maybe the devs or whoever does the rosters might have added the tape to the players in the edits. I did notice in one of the screenshots that Cano was wearing white or grey wrist tape during an away game, which is correct as he wears black tape for home games and grey for away. I guess only time will tell what that is exactly. Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 47

The only thing that would put this over the top for me. If you can edit the colors of all the equipment. So that way each player has more individuality. That would be sweet. But I have feeling we wont be able to edit them. I'm thinking that maybe it would have something to do with it running smooth. If they had all those different colors on the players.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #133
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The only thing that would put this over the top for me. If you can edit the colors of all the equipment. So that way each player has more individuality. That would be sweet. But I have feeling we wont be able to edit them. I'm thinking that maybe it would have something to do with it running smooth. If they had all those different colors on the players.
I agree. The best game for player edits by far was MLB 2K8. 2K7 was good, but 2K added a lot more to 2K8. It's too bad that game has completely fallen apart. I mean, after last years nightmare I really can't see that game recovering. Plus, at this point, I'm pretty much a MLB The Show fanboy from now on. But I wish The Show's player edit system was better. Still a lot missing and a lot u cannot do. Later.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #134
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
I agree. The best game for player edits by far was MLB 2K8. 2K7 was good, but 2K added a lot more to 2K8. It's too bad that game has completely fallen apart. I mean, after last years nightmare I really can't see that game recovering. Plus, at this point, I'm pretty much a MLB The Show fanboy from now on. But I wish The Show's player edit system was better. Still a lot missing and a lot u cannot do. Later.

I am wondering if they are holding back on the equipment additions due to the fact it would be a lot of wasted effort (as far as time) since they have new player models in the pipeline. And the time can be devoted to further perfecting everything else.

Just a theory anyways.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #135
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I am wondering if they are holding back on the equipment additions due to the fact it would be a lot of wasted effort (as far as time) since they have new player models in the pipeline. And the time can be devoted to further perfecting everything else.

Just a theory anyways.
Makes sense, but I'm sure they added some stuff to the CAP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #136
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Makes sense, but I'm sure they added some stuff to the CAP

Agreed.