Home

2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
At this point in the development cycle, 2K must have some game play footage they can show people. If they don't start showing what improvements they have made people are going to assume the worst.

After last year's poor performance the onus is really on 2K to sell this to a skeptical public. These videos are not going to help.
whats the difference in gettting gameplay videos last week or 2 weeks after or even 3 weeks after? Baseball season interest hasnt even started to ramp up yet?

Thats one thing i dont understand by the fans. I am a fan as well, but i know we will get all this stuff when the time comes.

So its like ok, the show put out a few screens and maybe a video? i dont even know, but now all you do is sit and wait until the game gets released. Same day as MLB2K might i add. So, how does this help either company? I dont think it does. What helps is the final darned product.

If 2K is a good game, word of mouth will spread and the game will or at least should do better since 360 owners have 1 choice. In the end the game HAS to be good. IF its not, then they dig their grave deeper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
whats the difference in gettting gameplay videos last week or 2 weeks after or even 3 weeks after? Baseball season interest hasnt even started to ramp up yet?

Thats one thing i dont understand by the fans. I am a fan as well, but i know we will get all this stuff when the time comes.

So its like ok, the show put out a few screens and maybe a video? i dont even know, but now all you do is sit and wait until the game gets released. Same day as MLB2K might i add. So, how does this help either company? I dont think it does. What helps is the final darned product.

If 2K is a good game, word of mouth will spread and the game will or at least should do better since 360 owners have 1 choice. In the end the game HAS to be good. IF its not, then they dig their grave deeper.
It also just makes the wait harder. Especially for a game like the show. If you ask any PS3 owner that is a baseball if it makes it harder to wait until release day, they would say yes. It also kind of spoils the improvements that were made.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
It really doesn't make that much of a difference. Last year the videos Steve put out looked great - I vaguely remember one highlight vid that was particularly exciting. The year before I remember their initial trailer generating a lot of buzz. But in the end it doesn't mean much, except to the hardcore that want to needlessly hype themselves into a frenzy. Even if 2K put out impressive videos tomorrow, at this point all it'd do is invite that many more people to talk it down and say how it means nothing. A person creates a thread saying he's reserved the game and most of the replies are [essentially] calling him stupid for doing so, and of course how great the other game will be. So at this point I don't think there's much they can do except deliver a good game.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It really doesn't make that much of a difference. Last year the videos Steve put out looked great - I vaguely remember one highlight vid that was particularly exciting. The year before I remember their initial trailer generating a lot of buzz. But in the end it doesn't mean much, except to the hardcore that want to needlessly hype themselves into a frenzy. Even if 2K put out impressive videos tomorrow, at this point all it'd do is invite that many more people to talk it down and say how it means nothing. A person creates a thread saying he's reserved the game and most of the replies are [essentially] calling him stupid for doing so, and of course how great the other game will be. So at this point I don't think there's much they can do except deliver a good game.
That's all I ask. No it's not the show, but if it is good and represents the game of baseball I would probably buy it. People compare it to the show and I admit I am a victim of that, but it is not meant to be compared with the show. It is a different game and at this point can't really be compared.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
People compare it to the show and I admit I am a victim of that, but it is not meant to be compared with the show. It is a different game and at this point can't really be compared.
I think comparisons are only natural. What I don't get is the anger some show. I don't see people directing anger towards Live for not being as good as NBA2K - people speak of it having an upside. Same with Madden, even though it still hasn't surpassed games it should've long ago lapped. People are happy it's improving.

Obviously MLB2K has improved, and I think there are a decent amount of people that's enough for and that recognize it for improving. But there seem to be many that seem fixated on saying how bad they feel the game is, and need to come into the MLB2K forum to tell people how thankful they are "to own a PS3" and how they won't be purchasing MLB2K-whatever. I know if there was a great NFL title I could only play on the PS3 I wouldn't waste my time trying to put down Madden.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think comparisons are only natural. What I don't get is the anger some show. I don't see people directing anger towards Live for not being as good as NBA2K - people speak of it having an upside. Same with Madden, even though it still hasn't surpassed games it should've long ago lapped. People are happy it's improving.

Obviously MLB2K has improved, and I think there are a decent amount of people that's enough for and that recognize it for improving. But there seem to be many that seem fixated on saying how bad they feel the game is, and need to come into the MLB2K forum to tell people how thankful they are "to own a PS3" and how they won't be purchasing MLB2K-whatever. I know if there was a great NFL title I could only play on the PS3 I wouldn't waste my time trying to put down Madden.
Yeah I think people could make better use of their time playing the game instead of coming into the 2k forum and telling and gloating that they get to play the show. It's not our fault that we only get one choice of games. We try to make the best out of a bad situation.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #47
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Haha, maybe they should spend their money actually improving the game rather than wasting it on these cameos.

Thank God I can afford to buy a PS3 this spring.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Yeah I think people could make better use of their time playing the game instead of coming into the 2k forum and telling and gloating that they get to play the show. It's not our fault that we only get one choice of games. We try to make the best out of a bad situation.
Jamin, these guys that did this got warned. If they continue, use report a post.

There are a few 2k guys who wander onto The Show forums also and nitpick at what they see. Don't understand what kind of kick these people get out of this, but, it's both sides. But, whoever is criticizing the game I think it's fairly deserved. The game went backward, not forward and people are going to be skeptical. If 2k visits the boards here, they should listen. I think the complaining is coming from mostly people who invested their money into this game the last few years.

Time will tell, but after just watching a few minutes of The Shows released info there is already complaining and that game is just a first week of January build. Theres an entire month left on production of that game, but people, for whatever reason are going to complain about this or that and you can tell them over and over that it's still way to early to nitpick with weeks left in production, but....nature of the beast, I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »