Home

2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #33
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2K Sports Signs All-Star Lineup to Promote MLB 2K10 this Season w/ Video

I wish they'd show some actual gameplay so we can get a feel for what we have to look forward to with 2010.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #34
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
At this point in the development cycle, 2K must have some game play footage they can show people. If they don't start showing what improvements they have made people are going to assume the worst.

After last year's poor performance the onus is really on 2K to sell this to a skeptical public. These videos are not going to help.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #35
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I guess you did not read the post one up from yours?
Nope sorry. But, as many people here know I don't troll. Look at all my other posts. I'm far from it.

What I did was read the info that was given, watched the vid and then commented.

I was one of those people who actually played last years game for a while. I just don't understand why 2k puts out vids like these.

But, anyway no bashing here or trolling. Since I'm not buying the game I have no reason to post here. I'll move on.

Late.

Thread please carry on, sorry to go off topic.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I agree with Jim...sending a handful of diehards would be much more effective (and cost-efficient for that matter) than going after some "All-Star Panel" to give insights on the game. I mean, they are pro players so I'm sure they have plenty to offer, but that doesn't necessarily speak to them knowing what translates to a video game representation we'll enjoy.

That said, I don't understand the overreaction of some to this news. I'm looking for real info as much as anyone, but it's not as if this decision will make the game worse. It's just poor marketing (a long-time flaw of 2K Sports IMO) and perhaps a misguided effort IMO. I don't think it's any indicator (one way or the other) of what to expect in terms of quality. It's an odd move, but nothing to jump off a bridge over or anything.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #37
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Sigh...2K. I wanna turn the clock back a bit. 2005. Kush took over development. Released 2K5. Game is filled with stat and scheduling bugs,no fatigue. 2006, releases next-gen 2K6 with more problems(too many to list). 2K7. Great game,actually pulled me away from The Show and played an entire season...until I caught the postseason freeze! Through with the series at this point, but still held out hope for a improved effort. Bought The Show 08. Baseball bliss! Rented 2K8. Another few steps backwards. 2K9...Oh dear, but hey,new developers...so they get a slight pass. We're now at a point where The Show is approaching perfection, and 2K has to know this. And this is the problem I'm seeing. With their financial woes, years of bad reviews, and a failed exclusivity deal, I'm convinced they're now simply going through the motions as far as marketing is concerned. There should have been a HUGE effort to gain back our respect with some sort of marketing push way ahead of each release since 2K7. Instead we get this.Year after year. I'm sorry if this sounds like trolling(since that word now seems to have lost all meaning) but 2K obviously is not listening or else there'd be SOME kind of info by now. Even if the game isn't looking up to snuff, you gotta at least TRY to get us interested!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Sigh...2K. I wanna turn the clock back a bit. 2005. Kush took over development. Released 2K5. Game is filled with stat and scheduling bugs,no fatigue. 2006, releases next-gen 2K6 with more problems(too many to list). 2K7. Great game,actually pulled me away from The Show and played an entire season...until I caught the postseason freeze! Through with the series at this point, but still held out hope for a improved effort. Bought The Show 08. Baseball bliss! Rented 2K8. Another few steps backwards. 2K9...Oh dear, but hey,new developers...so they get a slight pass. We're now at a point where The Show is approaching perfection, and 2K has to know this. And this is the problem I'm seeing. With their financial woes, years of bad reviews, and a failed exclusivity deal, I'm convinced they're now simply going through the motions as far as marketing is concerned. There should have been a HUGE effort to gain back our respect with some sort of marketing push way ahead of each release since 2K7. Instead we get this.Year after year. I'm sorry if this sounds like trolling(since that word now seems to have lost all meaning) but 2K obviously is not listening or else there'd be SOME kind of info by now. Even if the game isn't looking up to snuff, you gotta at least TRY to get us interested!
I really don't get why they didn't take 2k7 and improve on it.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #39
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Where's the game, lol. It's a GAME trailer 2k, GAME!

I just don't get it.
Seriously... I'm getting tired of this BS. Spending time and money so we see this useless clips?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Seriously... I'm getting tired of this BS. Spending time and money so we see this useless clips?
Me too!! Come on 2k.

FLY EAGLES FLY

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »