Home

MLB '10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #89
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay

Did anyone else notice the tweaked pitch meter? Looking at his command, the Twins pitcher was working with an excellent fastball, good slider, average sweeping curve and weak changeup. When he threw the change at medium power the speed in the meter was about the same as his fastball thrown at full power.

So in other words, weak pitches are going to be tougher to throw, and hopefully if you hit the release perfect the ball will go where you want it to - rather than last year where location was more attribute dependent.

Or it could be these tweaks weren't in this build - it's hard to tell exactly watching a video of a video. To me though it looked like there was a difference, and it's not drastic which is a good thing.

Loved the check swings, it's going to make a big difference. Looking good SCEA!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #90
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Looks like I'm not the only person that had to look twice when Granderson stepped into the box. I could've sworn the feed suddenly switched to a real life video clip. It must be the sweeter looking accessories that sold it, cuz those definetly didn't look like last year's armbands and such.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 32

I know I may be nitpicking here, but does anyone else think that the batters need to "slow down" in the box a little. If you watch a real game the batter won't be ready in his stance until the pitcher starts his delivery. In The Show, the batter starts getting ready as soon as the ball hits the catcher's glove.

Basically, I am saying that the batter needs to act a little more nonchalant in the box and take a deep breath or something and step out after each pitch. I'm watching Angels vs Red Sox on MLB Network and that is what I am seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #92
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

You still have to maintain a healthy balance of realism and fun. And while some would like a game to last 2.5-4 hours, it is not practical in an every-time sense.

Just my take.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow, those check swings were fantastic. I know it's a small detail but huge upgrade over the previous games.

I would kill for a clip with the White Sox. I'm itching to see Gordon Beckham and Jake Peavy.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #94
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I know I may be nitpicking here, but does anyone else think that the batters need to "slow down" in the box a little. If you watch a real game the batter won't be ready in his stance until the pitcher starts his delivery. In The Show, the batter starts getting ready as soon as the ball hits the catcher's glove.

Basically, I am saying that the batter needs to act a little more nonchalant in the box and take a deep breath or something and step out after each pitch. I'm watching Angels vs Red Sox on MLB Network and that is what I am seeing.
I dunno...I think the signature stuff plays a role in this. Like in real life, some are more nonchalant than others. I never saw this as an issue personally...I've played with people who find the routines too nonchalant...go figure.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #95
Rookie

rdmcfall's Arena

OVR: 4

=0 that broken bat....

It's gonna take some getting used to seeing the Twins at home with the blue sky...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #96
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 10: The Show - Broken Bats Gameplay (Cam) HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Yikes!!! The lighting is MUCH improved !!! That clip of Granderson stepping into the batter's box looked almost TOO real. Real broadcast feel with the new cam!! And finally a proper CitiField. Now I know it's an early build but a few nitpicks...the tarp still seems to be missing,and the banners on the outfield wall didn't seem to make it in(tho they were added late in the season) But who cares...This game along with Uncharted 2 SHOWCASE THE BEST VISUALS ON THE PS3 by far! And its not even finished yet!
His expression coming out of the box was even more realistic. He had what I would call his signature gum grinding expression after the strikeout.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »