Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #233
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

pasta has no mention of "removed" pitches..he just names the pitches, he may have missed a few idk...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #234
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Will mound visit have more of a positive/negative effect this year..like the ability to raise confidence/lower or if the pitcher wants to leave or try to battle thru?..be funny if there's a cut scene where the pitcher gets pissed cuz he gets takin out...
i think i remember that from MVP 05. it was always risky to do the mound visit because it could really have a negative effect on the pitcher.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #235
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
i think i remember that from MVP 05. it was always risky to do the mound visit because it could really have a negative effect on the pitcher.
exactly, but it was very plane..be good to have an option as to what you would like to say or ask. somethin along those lines...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #236
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Wow! The new animations, stadium upgrades, and lighting system are all really welcomed. I'm still playing MLB 09 a lot and 10 looks like another nice upgrade to what is already the best sports franchise ever made imo. Thank you Sony San Diego!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #237
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Thats wrong we didn't take any pitches away
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I have no idea where he gets his information from but it seems to be terribly wrong when it comes to The Show.
Not sure if you're referring to me or Pasta Padre. I'm just going by what his website says - that there will be 17 pitch types (there are 21 pitch grips in MLB The Show '09.)

I noticed Pasta's info was copy/pasted from last years fact sheet which also had the same incorrect info, and is identical to his fact sheet for MLB The Show 10 in regards to pitch types...

http://www.operationsports.com/pressview.php?id=120

From Pasta's webiste:

"Pitch Grips – MLB 10 The Show details various pitch grips and arm angles that a pitcher has when throwing each pitch. 17 different pitch types including four fastball variations (four-seam, two-seam, cutter, split), six breaking pitches (10-4 curve, 12-6 curve, slider, sinker, slurve, screwball), four change-ups (straight, circle change, palmball, forkball), and three specialty pitches (knuckle, knuckle-curve, and gyro)."

Last edited by swaldo; 01-05-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 12

Thanks for all the great info Russ!

Only 56 +/- days and counting! I can smell the freshly cut grass and hear the crack of the wood drawing closer.

Russ, can you elaborate on the small ball game and how that has been revamped for this year. For example, has the hit and run been improved for online play because often times we couldn't swing consistently when a runner was in motion.

Also, has the bunt game been improved so users can pull the bunt back more effectively/responsively if the pitch is an obvious ball. Far too often in '09, players could easily steal strikes in obvious bunting situations. When a batter was already squared around to lay down the sacrifice, batters couldn't pull the bat back quickly enough to take the pitch w/o the ump calling it a strike.

Thanks again and looking forward to learning more about this year's game!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #239
Rookie

snugglyirishman's Arena

OVR: 4
This is great news making an already great game even better!!! I'm still playing 09 and I love the addition of the ball physics with more of a variety of hits and the fact that you can now call a game as a catcher....can't wait for March...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #240
Rookie

OVR: 5

Info looks good so far. Want to know more about Online leagues/franchise. Do they last more than one year and do we get progression/regression/etc? I guess I am waiting to hear if it is like Online Dynasty (NCAA) or somewhat like Madden Old gen version of Franchise.

Also, if you start an online league, but someone is hurt in real life, will that person no longer be on your team?

I realize this may have to wait until the developer blogs, but wanted to put that question out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »