Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #241
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
They do after someone hits a home run and the liberty bell rings.
Ok sounds good, wasn't sure. I'm hoping they implemented the fireworks at the correct stadiums unlike MVP Baseball where they would be going off at Wrigley and Yankee Stadium. Kind of ruined the immersion factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 7

This probably a long shot, but considering last years ability to put custom music in the game, I was wondering if there are even more spots where we could throw in tracks.

I think last year was just for batter intros and for when pitchers come out of the bullpen (This was just for the team you were controlling, not for the CPU).

I know the White Sox always play "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" whenever the opposing pitcher is pulled from the game.

I guess my question is: Can we use the custom music to taunt the opposing team? Like if someone makes an error or if the opposing pitcher gets shelled and the manager has to come and take him out.

This would just add to the realism for the game.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #243
Banned

OVR: 26

Understand me Now, Flame me Later(see me avatar before you do), for the following

WHERE IS THE DAG GUM FACT SHEET!!!!?????

Ok, back to the 1st look.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #244
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
This probably a long shot, but considering last years ability to put custom music in the game, I was wondering if there are even more spots where we could throw in tracks.

I think last year was just for batter intros and for when pitchers come out of the bullpen (This was just for the team you were controlling, not for the CPU).

I know the White Sox always play "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" whenever the opposing pitcher is pulled from the game.

I guess my question is: Can we use the custom music to taunt the opposing team? Like if someone makes an error or if the opposing pitcher gets shelled and the manager has to come and take him out.

This would just add to the realism for the game.
What they really need to do is have a macro level custom music track that can be applied to an entire team.

Example: Everytime a White Sox player hits a HR they play Na Na Hey Hey on the organ while the fireworks shoot off. I have a recording of it WITH fireworks that i used last year, thankfully I can take out those out this year!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #245
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: More MLB 10 the show info!!!

I'm so glad for the new controls for catchers. It was ridiculously boring for that before. It'd be cooler if when you're a rookie you're more likely to get waived off by veteran pitchers and they only start to respect you as you get more experienced.

Or if everything you call and they throw gets hammered, they start throwing what they want.

Edit: And I'd do backflips if they FINALLY add more player model body types. I mean EVERYONE has these ridiculously short arms, even when they're 6'2" and taller. It doesn't look right and for a stickler like me, it's off putting.

Last edited by Eman5805; 12-20-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #246
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I like finally having the option to watch your team play in RTTS when your not involved. I would play the regular way most of the time, but I always felt if you're in the playoffs and have to simulate to, say, the end of game 7 of the World Series when you're winning to find out you won would be anti-climactic. In that situation, I would watch.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #247
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's cool that they're bringing back the classic stadiums, but I'd love it if they had different ones. Like Old Comiskey Park or Tiger Stadium.

It would also be great to have a different selection of throwback uniforms.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still looking forward to getting this game in March.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #248
Pro

OVR: 9

I am very excited about the real-time presentation. When 2k9 implemented that last year my theory was that is the future of broadcast in sports games. Cutscenes are nice but they can take you out of the action and present continuity issues. I think that SCEA will have this looking very impressive. History seems to dictate that they wouldn't release a feature like this that is poorly implemented, but leaving the existing presentation as default has me wondering if they need a backup.

I really like the RTTS improvement with the depth of being a catcher, and hopefully the training is sharp. As I spend the majority of my time in franchise I look forward to hearing about the improvements to that area of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »