Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #233
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
@ stlcardsfan44

THAT is not true...the problem and the issue that you're having boils down to you (or anyone else going through that) having to readjust ALL stamina sliders and then attributes for pitchers' that are specific to their energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
I wish they would change the 6 1/3 starting pitching logic. That has always been the thing that drove me crazy the most about this game. The only way your pitcher stays in the game past 6.1 is if the game is tied or he has a shutout. If its say 3-1 and the pitcher has only thrown 70 pitches, he gets taking out every friggin time at 6.1. Fix that please. Thats not realistic.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

As someone who only plays season mode and never online, it looks as if some of this year's biggest innovations will not affect me, but I wouldn't for a moment consider not getting '10 as soon as I can lay my sweaty paws on it. There's bound to be lots of subtle improvements all round, making the game even more immersive, and I couldn't possibly pass on those.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 4

Real time presentation, day transitions, improved lighting...im an avid season player as well and im very excited...you will be pleased im sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 03:16 AM   #236
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Can't wait to see the "grenade tirade". LOL. Should be classic.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:21 AM   #237
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
He's got that **** right...hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent and to a lesser degree, still am spending on all 30 team rosters....

So, this looks like it would solve the "why injuries cannot be on and ya cannot have roster control at the same time"

Kolbe said:

And speaking of Franchise, there will be the ability to finally play Franchise mode with up to 30 players. "We have a lot of fans who want to control every team, every lineup, every injury … they actually want to go in and manually injure a player just so their franchise at home can have the exact rosters of real life," says senior designer Kolbe Launchbaugh. "The time they spend on these rosters and inside all of these various modes really blows my mind, and it's something we all take great pride in as we're working on the game."
I just really, really, really do hope they have it where we can actually "manually injure players". It sounds like it is in there, but it isnt worded like that.

It is almost as if he is just saying how hardcore we are, but doesn't actually confirm they did add that. And I really hope they did, and the MLB doesn't get upset about it.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #238
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

I understand the reasoning behind it but I'm not quite sure that is something SCEA is able to do. Injuring players manually seems a bit morbid.

Hopefully we see a fact sheet sometime in the next few days. I'm dying to know if they have a control scheme to pitch similar to 2k. Although it's not a necessity it would be neat to have a more difficult way to pitch in the game.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #239
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
A few fireworks anybody?

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Phillies have fireworks? I don't remember seeing any in the playoffs last year.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #240
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Phillies have fireworks? I don't remember seeing any in the playoffs last year.
They do after someone hits a home run and the liberty bell rings.

FLY EAGLES FLY

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »