Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 5
Nemesis, that is true when I'm dead a lot of things will be classic.

I still hope they have those stadiums I mentioned (Tiger Stadium, Candlestick, etc) available as DLC even if I have to pay extra.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #58
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

I'm as big a fan of MLB The Show as anyone, but if they didn't do anything to improve on franchise mode (horrible CPU trading logic, budgets, etc.), I may just stick with '09. I'm so far into my franchise now, it would be a shame to start over.

Even though the presentation stuff does sound REALLY cool.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #59

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
I'm as big a fan of MLB The Show as anyone, but if they didn't do anything to improve on franchise mode (horrible CPU trading logic, budgets, etc.), I may just stick with '09. I'm so far into my franchise now, it would be a shame to start over.

Wait until we see a fact sheet and other information come out, don't just jump to speculation.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #60
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro

Thats the stance I'm taking right now. Dont get me wrong, SCEA has done an amazing job with their product, but it will be a no go if the DL glitch isn't fixed or if the CPU logic (i.e. Trading Tim Lincecum) continues to make head scratching moves.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 9

Its all really nice that the devs worked so hard on making the game look and feel more realistic and its much appreciated, but. . . I would have rather that they fix the fielding. I guess I will wait and buy the game used, because frankly it seems like this years game will play like the last, except it will look better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #62
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Wow. Dude we're talking a preview article and screenshots. The ESPN article said they're still things they're trying to get in. I don't know how you make can assumptions about ANY product 90 days before it's available.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

I wish they would change the 6 1/3 starting pitching logic. That has always been the thing that drove me crazy the most about this game. The only way your pitcher stays in the game past 6.1 is if the game is tied or he has a shutout. If its say 3-1 and the pitcher has only thrown 70 pitches, he gets taking out every friggin time at 6.1. Fix that please. Thats not realistic.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #64
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm looking forward to the new presentation.

My favorite part of The Show is RTTS. I don't care about the boring training sessions or the Home Run Derby, I hope they fixed to wonky manager logic and goal system. I do like that you start in AA, that's much better than ST.

I'm glad they are fixing the online and fast players as well.

I was really hoping for a dynamic season mode like NBA Live has, that'd be awesome for a long 162-game baseball season so that you wouldn't have to worry about sim stats for games not played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »