Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #257
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Joker I'd have to disagree with the online 3pt issue. Mind you I only played one game but, this guy I played last night tried shooting with Nash all game. He ended up going 6-29 and lost by 22. I think if you play smart and try to put a hand in his face you'll be fine
I agree with you man. I beat this dude last night, all he did was shoot threes the whole damn game. With one player mind you. I was able to get in his face, and made him quit late in the 4th quarter being up by 18.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #258
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Joker I'd have to disagree with the online 3pt issue. Mind you I only played one game but, this guy I played last night tried shooting with Nash all game. He ended up going 6-29 and lost by 22. I think if you play smart and try to put a hand in his face you'll be fine
You didnt play a good cheeser . Its hard to defend when BIBBY sprints to the corner or uses many pick n rolls to free up space ....THe magnetic force between defender and on ball is killing it because the corner 3 is very effective . We can try it if you like ?

This is my first game with the patch and i quit after i did this ....Also , i have another video on pick n rolls where the space is there when the pick gets set , all you do is sprint to open space and again THE MAGNETIC force SPACE that is from the defender and ball handler is too much resulting money 3's

Last edited by joker; 12-14-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #259
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
You didnt play a good cheeser . Its hard to defend when BIBBY sprints to the corner or uses many pick n rolls to free up space ....THe magnetic force between defender and on ball is killing it because the corner 3 is very effective . We can try it if you like ?

This is my first game with the patch and i quit after i did this ....Also , i have another video on pick n rolls where the space is there when the pick gets set , all you do is sprint to open space and again THE MAGNETIC force SPACE that is from the defender and ball handler is too much resulting money 3's
this is sad news ... we need an explanation from EA on what exactly was fixed with the 3pt issue?

It's embarrassing that in 2009, in the 5th version of NBA Live on next gen, 3 pointers are money every time ... and they couldn't fix the issue in a patch that was released for this purpose.

If that doesn't spell bad development, I don't know what does. We deserve better.

Last edited by Benicio10; 12-14-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #260
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Had 3 very fun online games against randoms yesterday. Dunno if I lucked out and got 3 simish guys or what, but they were solid games, no 3PT craziness, and some of the most fun games I've had against randoms in any b-ball game. They were the first games since getting the new patch.. haven't tried offline yet. But yeah, feels good to me, I still love this game against another user.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #261
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Shame on you, EA for making a game that allows this kind of ridiculous cheese. It must be some kind of "hot spot" that allows Bibby to make any shot from that area of the court. The whole concept of "hot spots" is just dumb and should not factor into shot success. Shot success should only be determined by if the shooter is open. If there is a defender on the shooter, he should not be able to hit ridiculous cheese 3's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #262
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Joker, is that is you as the Hawks and the Thunder as the CPU right? I believe it's a red circle and a blue circle if it's online hum v hum. If it's hum vs cpu what level/sliders are you on?

Glad to hear the PS3 patch is out today since I'll be out of town on business Tues-Fri.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #263
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Heh, the one positive in that video is that in Live you can actually dribble under control to the corner and quickly and easily shoot a three without toeing the line or doing some ridiculous animation. Heh, I guess I've been lucky, I haven't run into any of that since a few weeks after release playing randoms... my Live games against humans are almost always a lot of fun. The few times someone has been chucking up threes, it was normally with Kobe and they mostly missed.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #264
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Shame on you, EA for making a game that allows this kind of ridiculous cheese. It must be some kind of "hot spot" that allows Bibby to make any shot from that area of the court. The whole concept of "hot spots" is just dumb and should not factor into shot success. Shot success should only be determined by if the shooter is open. If there is a defender on the shooter, he should not be able to hit ridiculous cheese 3's like that.
I dont want to sound negative and im far from a cheeser but maybe the developers should listen to us and just maybe we have the right answers or a way to improve the game.

By the way in that video i dont play like that but wanted to test it and was disgusted ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »