Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
@swaldo: Ben Brinkman isn't on the developing team anymore. Also, he didn't do squat to improve 2K7 to 2K8.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:53 AM   #18
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Oops, I didn't know he took off after 2K8. Here is the text of what I read on the net, which led me to beleive he was still on the team.

"MLB 2K9 represented the final act of a planned three year development cycle for 2K's baseball series for next gen systems. Ben Brinkman restated the "three year plan" in interviews, stating that 2K9, the third game, would represent the final, most polished version of the next gen series."
Old 12-04-2009, 03:50 AM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Oops, I didn't know he took off after 2K8. Here is the text of what I read on the net, which led me to beleive he was still on the team.

"MLB 2K9 represented the final act of a planned three year development cycle for 2K's baseball series for next gen systems. Ben Brinkman restated the "three year plan" in interviews, stating that 2K9, the third game, would represent the final, most polished version of the next gen series."
I remember that quote and I'm pretty sure it was from an interview, preview or review of 2K7.

Maybe someone mistakenly copied that into something more current (I can definitely see where one could be thrown off with all the "fresh starts" this series has seemed to have...lol), but 2K9 was virtually a complete do-over.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I remember that quote and I'm pretty sure it was from an interview, preview or review of 2K7.

Maybe someone mistakenly copied that into something more current (I can definitely see where one could be thrown off with all the "fresh starts" this series has seemed to have...lol), but 2K9 was virtually a complete do-over.
It was a do over, anyone remember how bad 2K8's framerate issues where? 2K8 was imo worse then 2K9 by a longshot. I played about 5 games online then retired the game. I played a crapload of 2K9 online. I twas a blast. I didnt play offline, so i have no clue on that.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
It was a do over, anyone remember how bad 2K8's framerate issues where? 2K8 was imo worse then 2K9 by a longshot. I played about 5 games online then retired the game. I played a crapload of 2K9 online. I twas a blast. I didnt play offline, so i have no clue on that.
Yeah, in many ways it was a significant upgrade over 2K8. The trouble is, it was so unstable and buggy, that it overshadowed the improvements and changes over the prior year. THEY NEED TO LEAVE THE CONTROLS ALONE!!! The controls are actually quite good, overall, so they should stop recreating them as they seem to try each year. We get it, you're innovative...now be stable.

The biggest thing is the AI and the animations. At least one of those (animations) was acknowledged ahead of time by simballer as an area they didn't have enough time for, but would be focusing on for this year. So that's a ray of light.

If they can do that and clean up the more bothersome bugs, I'd have no problem purchasing the PC version for the assumed 19.99 price tag. We'll see how it goes though...consistent improvement has been 2K's nemesis...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Until the AI Logic & Animations are totally done over again, this series will always be "The game that almost could"
Old 12-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
Rookie

snugglyirishman's Arena

OVR: 4
2k9 for the 360 is the reason I went out and bought a PS3 for The Show....terrible terrible game...
Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
They should have asked him what his favorite baseball video game was. Then the interview might have been interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »