Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria

The MLB 2K franchise is celebrating its 10th birthday this year, and the folks at 2K Sports could not have picked a better cover athlete to celebrate the milestone. Donning an All-Star game and a celebrity name, 2K Sports hit a home run by naming Evan Longoria the face of MLB 2K10. Tabbed for the job just days after winning a Gold Glove award at third base, the good news for Evan seems to be coming faster than a mid-90s fastball -- luckily for us, he’s dealt with a few of those in his career.

Evan took time out of his busy schedule to chat with Operation Sports about contributing to MLB 2K10, his game-day routine and even some music.

Read More - Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
To bad the game will suck. 2K9 will most likely be the last 2k baseball I ever buy. What a horrible excuse of a baseball game. Hope they learned from their mistakes.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Yeah, I was excited to get the 2k9, then I bought it day it came out. I was probably the saddest man in the planet after just one game. But you never know they might surprise us I'll probably rent it. But I love my show haha.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: On base with Evan Longoria

I thought this was pretty funny:

"The MLB 2K franchise is celebrating its 10th birthday this year, and the folks at 2K Sports could not have picked a better cover athlete to celebrate the milestone. Donning an All-Star game and a celebrity name, 2K Sports hit a home run by naming Evan Longoria the face of MLB 2K10."

Don't get me wrong, Longoria's a stud and likely going to be a star for a while in the league and I know they have to hype up whoever makes the cover, but you telling me Pujols and and several others wouldn't have been a better, more recognizeable, more accomplished player to have on the cover?

I'm not knocking the pick, in fact I applaud them for picking guys like Lincecum and Longoria...just doubt he would be the "ideal" pick of a majority people. I'm just guessing he's a little cheaper than Pujols, Texiera, etc.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I thought this was pretty funny:

"The MLB 2K franchise is celebrating its 10th birthday this year, and the folks at 2K Sports could not have picked a better cover athlete to celebrate the milestone. Donning an All-Star game and a celebrity name, 2K Sports hit a home run by naming Evan Longoria the face of MLB 2K10."

Don't get me wrong, Longoria's a stud and likely going to be a star for a while in the league and I know they have to hype up whoever makes the cover, but you telling me Pujols and and several others wouldn't have been a better, more recognizeable, more accomplished player to have on the cover?

I'm not knocking the pick, in fact I applaud them for picking guys like Lincecum and Longoria...just doubt he would be the "ideal" pick of a majority people. I'm just guessing he's a little cheaper than Pujols, Texiera, etc.

I couldn't agree more, it's all hype though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I truly believe that 2ksports needs to change everything about their baseball title (from gameplay to even the name) because too many people associate negative feelings with it. Remember when people were getting tired of the triple play series by EA? It seemed as if they weren't progressing at all and there was just too many great titles out there (ASB, HH, etc.) to compete with.

EA acted fast and changed their title to MVP baseball (first installment was in 03) to let people know that they were headed in a different direction and become more of a sim style game. Everyone already associated triple play as an arcade style game and that perception wasn't going to change anytime soon. Although MVP baseball 2003 wasn't too bad for its time, it was a step in the right direction. The following year 04 came out and really had people talking with the implementation of minor league players, moral system, amazing dynasty, etc. Thats when people really started looking foward to MVP baseball 05 (and EA did not dissapoint). Hell, I still play MVP 05 and it is alive and well today thanks to mods.

People are always interested in whats new. Thats just human nature. Many of us are looking foward to the show 10 despite 09 being one of the greatest baseball games of all time. Its because we want to see new features, models, etc. I doubt 2ksports will change their title on account that all their titles have "2k" followed by the year of their new game.

I know its a risky proposition, but what do they have to lose? It can be done correctly if they conduct proper research, implement effective marketing campaigns, etc. I just know that when I see "MLB 2k10" next march, I am going to the goosebumps and walk right past it.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

This will be the first time since the world series baseball days that I will NOT be buying their baseball game. The last few years have been really bad IMO and have gone backwards in innovation, gameplay and graphics. I really believe they have way to much to fix and improve upon too make a great baseball game.

I bought a PS3 this year so I have no doubt I will have at least one baseball game to enjoy. I was late to the Show party this year and even though it's football season in full swing, it still gets alot of my playing time.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
To bad the game will suck. 2K9 will most likely be the last 2k baseball I ever buy. What a horrible excuse of a baseball game. Hope they learned from their mistakes.
Brutal Honesty

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »