Home

NBA 2K10 Video: 2010 Czarisode 5 Superior Tendencies

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Video: 2010 Czarisode 5 Superior Tendencies within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #33
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K10 Video: 2010 Czarisode 5 Superior Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Im sorry bro. it seems when you change too many sliders it affects the game negatively. Pretty much out the box this game plays amazing for me.
I agree. The only things I've changed are dunks in traffic, shooting and foul sliders. Everything else is left at default.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #34
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Man Czar, you're like 2K's best advertisement man. I can't help but want to play it every time I see one of these vids. I imagine it's the same for Live players who watch your vids of that game.

Oh yeah, I was watching this while my wife was around and she asked me, "Who is that preaching?"

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 12-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #35
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Man Czar, you're like 2K's best advertisement man. I can't help but want to play it every time I see one of these vids. I imagine it's the same for Live players who watch your vids of that game.

Oh yeah, I was watching this while my wife was around and she asked me, "Who is that preaching?"
Great vid Czar and I agree 100%. The tendencies in 2k are integrated incredibly well into the game. This games achilles heel imo is the inconsistent playcall execution by teammates leading to broken plays. Sometimes I feel the stagnation comes from the cpu fighting with their individual tendencies once a play is called. Sorry for offtopic info.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #36
Strategy

OVR: 36
As always...great video. I know the Live fans are going to be like..."What, I though Czar was on Live this year". I tell you, if you own 2k, you wouldn't pick live up...like me. Live has been in my system once...I got both pre-launch.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #37
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

exactly man. 2k is the ishhhhhh
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #38
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't adjust too much. This game improved for me so much post patch its crazy. I don't adjust much and I play on pro. I give the cpu better shooting sliders than I do and thats about it with the exception of changing player speed in association mode.

I have been VERY impressed With how different players play. For Indiana for instance they have Murphy who plays the perimeter but can post. Hibbert Who can post but is not a power post player. They when you see Hansborough He tries to back you all the way under the basket... Its awesome to see and experience.

Then you throw in the animation differences that are available and you really start to have a party. Game is not perfect but they corrected enough in the patch to let what they do well shine through. This is the 2k hoops I'm used to playing. Plug it in. not a lot of slider work necessary and get to ballin LOL
Thanks for the response man, BTW i'm a PC gamer so we're still waiting for the patch on our end (it's coming out in January, combination of the 1st and 2nd patch). So maybe that's the reason why i'm not experiencing the same game as u since i don't have the patch yet.

By the sound of it tho, the patch fixed and improved the game immensely.

I would be awesome if you could to compare 2K10 Pre Patch vs. Post Patch in another video or in a written blog if possible.

Thanks Czar.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #39
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't adjust too much. This game improved for me so much post patch its crazy. I don't adjust much and I play on pro. I give the cpu better shooting sliders than I do and thats about it with the exception of changing player speed in association mode.

I have been VERY impressed With how different players play. For Indiana for instance they have Murphy who plays the perimeter but can post. Hibbert Who can post but is not a power post player. They when you see Hansborough He tries to back you all the way under the basket... Its awesome to see and experience.

Then you throw in the animation differences that are available and you really start to have a party. Game is not perfect but they corrected enough in the patch to let what they do well shine through. This is the 2k hoops I'm used to playing. Plug it in. not a lot of slider work necessary and get to ballin LOL

So true bro

I am really amazed by how deep and realistic the player tendencies are this season. Best ever in an NBA game by a long margin.

Great video, as always.

I almost gave up on this series after 2K9...but these guys have bounced back big time.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 24
I may finally have to try 2k10.
I've been on Live all year and loving it, but the tendencies slider is nice.

As usual, stellar work Czar.

Last edited by dave374; 12-01-2009 at 11:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »