Home

NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 2010 Review within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #161
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
This is a good game, period. OS's review is way off as far as a score. 2k basketball is better than EA's version, no doubt, but it still plays like a solid game of ball and you can't throw full-court passes like in NBA 2K without turning it over here. This is a more impressive game, IMO, than NCAA football or Madden. On default settings, the game plays very realistic as far as stats, score, shooting %, etc. and teams always make a run. Last night I played Madden for only the 3rd time this year and won something like 60-53 vs my little brother. For this game to get a 6, Lacrosse to get a higher rating, and shaky games like Madden getting super high scores, it doesn't make sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 1
ill be buying this maybe during the summer after it has been out for about 8 months, when the price is down, the demo was pretty good though!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #163
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
I caved and bought the game. While it has some promise, the game overall is a few weeks short of being very good . The sounds and presentation are nice (Except the repeating commentary) and it really makes you want to play the game. However that's where most of the enjoyment ends for me. It has moments of fun but everything on the court feels rushed. I don't think the game is terrible but a little more care and work would do the game wonders.
Like I said it's fun at times but it could have been so much more.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #164
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

I honestly think 6 is a fair score for a game that doesn't have something as basic as the CPU passing out of the post...even when double teamed, you guys are here claiming they never pass it?

That's just a complete game killer for a basketball game. I mean, it's an absolute basic of the game...it was the type of stuff that was missing in 2001 games...I can't believe they screwed up such a basic aspect of the game in the 2010 season.

I had this on order, but cancelled it over this and some of the glitches.

It's dissapointing as I was looking forward to a NCAA game. College Hoops 2K8 was great, but it's the 2010 season and an alternative would have been ideal.

Missing something like passing out of the post is almost unbelievable........
Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #165
Rookie

Caliparty Love's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I honestly think 6 is a fair score for a game that doesn't have something as basic as the CPU passing out of the post...even when double teamed, you guys are here claiming they never pass it?
They hardly ever pass out of the post is the biggest complaint even when double teamed. They do however pass around the perimeter and pass in to the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #166
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliparty Love
They hardly ever pass out of the post is the biggest complaint even when double teamed. They do however pass around the perimeter and pass in to the post.

You are saying "hardly ever"...

Other guys are saying "never". "100% never".

Have you seen them pass out? I mean, if I triple teamed a CPU PF in the post...would he still shoot? (even though it would be an easy block for me, he would still automatically shoot????).

What if i left all the CPU's shooters open and triple teamed their post men....they'd still not pass?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #167
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

If a team is running a motion set and a guard catches the ball on the block I have seen them pass out a couple times, don't think I've seen a front court player do it though.

To make it even worse there are rarely post moves either down there by the CPU, it's basically a catch n shoot or a fadeaway. Brutal.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #168
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the cpu does indeed pass out of the post. It may not be as often as people expect or it should be, but if double teamed quickly, or having a guard cheat down, the cpu will pass the ball back out of the post and re-position.

In my experience the best way to get them to pass out, is to play as the defender guarding the offensive player that dumps the ball into the post and then cheat down, while calling for a double team.

Its a shame the game doesn't have the option to double in the paint like it used to. That would make this process a whole heck of a lot easier.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »