Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Autosave in association is an intended feature by 2K. They say it has something to do with the Living Rosters or something.

But they did say it was intended.
But you don't use living rosters in association mode.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #210
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Autosave is probably there so you can't just quit Association and retry the game when you lose.

Granted you could turn off your system, but still.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #211
Rookie

Wow, why would they even care? It's offline. Association is nearly unplayable when there is a 5 second pause whenever you change menus. At least there is my player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #212
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

[quote=tekkenlaw;2040458694]Wow, why would they even care? It's offline. Association is nearly unplayable when there is a 5 second pause whenever you change menus.quote]
lmao. what a dumb *** statement. yeah its really unplayable because it autosaves. smh

get a grip guy. its far from unplayable.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 11
I was playing a single player exhibition game as the New York Knicks against the N.O. Hornets, and was leading by 4 points with about 9 seconds left in the game. The CPU attempted a late game foul to send my player to the line, but the foul never "registered", leaving my player in a stand-still animation and an easy steal attempt-turned-scoring opportunity for the CPU. I had to burn like 3 timeouts to keep CP3 from stealing the ball because of this. This was attempted twice, but fortunately for me, time expired before the computer managed to tie the game. This was frustrating enough, to say the least, that the computer was even able to come within 2 points of tying the game let alone possibly winning it. This problem should definitely be addressed.

Other issues I'm having are things like...

-the automatic alley-oop attempt that goes to a player that you NEVER had any intentions of passing to in the first place,

-the unwanted shot attempts taken when you tap the button for a head fake (and yes, I am TAPPING the button),

-and some of the unnecessary extra animations that occur during layup/dunk attempts that mostly result in frustrating misses.

2K did a grandioso job of smoothing out a lot of the sluggish animations in the game with the patch, but there are obviously still quite a few holes to be filled.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 AM   #214
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
I was playing a single player exhibition game as the New York Knicks against the N.O. Hornets, and was leading by 4 points with about 9 seconds left in the game. The CPU attempted a late game foul to send my player to the line, but the foul never "registered", leaving my player in a stand-still animation and an easy steal attempt-turned-scoring opportunity for the CPU. I had to burn like 3 timeouts to keep CP3 from stealing the ball because of this. This was attempted twice, but fortunately for me, time expired before the computer managed to tie the game. This was frustrating enough, to say the least, that the computer was even able to come within 2 points of tying the game let alone possibly winning it. This problem should definitely be addressed.

Other issues I'm having are things like...

-the automatic alley-oop attempt that goes to a player that you NEVER had any intentions of passing to in the first place,

-the unwanted shot attempts taken when you tap the button for a head fake (and yes, I am TAPPING the button),

-and some of the unnecessary extra animations that occur during layup/dunk attempts that mostly result in frustrating misses.

2K did a grandioso job of smoothing out a lot of the sluggish animations in the game with the patch, but there are obviously still quite a few holes to be filled.
your first issue isnt a bug. if you show the defensive players the ball
theyll go for the steal first or go for a tie up. The game forces you to call a timeout to avoid the turnover. in those situations its best to keep the ball moving or face the players body between the ball and the defender. then the defense will have no choice but to foul.

I thought this was a bug at first, cause this also happened in 2k9, but I think the game is programmed this way.
but then I started protecting the ball and they would start fouling instead.
the higher the AI defensive rating , the more likely this will happen.

The game is lovely. you have to know gameplay situations, make sure you have a good free throw shooters and ball handlers in those situations.

this game is a chess match.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:50 AM   #215
Rookie

[quote=Rawdeal28;2040459500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkenlaw
Wow, why would they even care? It's offline. Association is nearly unplayable when there is a 5 second pause whenever you change menus.quote]
lmao. what a dumb *** statement. yeah its really unplayable because it autosaves. smh

get a grip guy. its far from unplayable.
I'm exaggerating, but the association is crappy because of it. 5 second delay every time you change menus, 5 seconds before and after a development drill. It's a joke, and one of the worst things about 2k10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 AM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 4

Everytime, pre and post patch, I've faced the Heat and Cavs, neither Lebron nor Wade handle the ball as much as they do in real life, rather the Heat/Cavs run plays for other guys and motion non pick and roll/iso plays where Wade/Lebron are doing their things.

Im using OS Outsider roster update 3 too. Should I just up the CPU drive tendency and turn off the run plays for the teams with SG/SF superstars who always handle the ball?

One thing I did notice when I tried this out, is on Hall of Fame, the CPU players play ultra aggressive like in real life in terms of shooting open shots and shooting more shots off of the dribble. Is that the solution to the superstar problem, stay on the Hall of Fame level? Because otherwise I havent seen the perimeter players be ultra aggressive and create off the bounce like in RL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »