Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayface
Hot dammit! It looks like when my game froze and I had to restart my system, my saved data got corrupted! All my draft picks are gone. Everyone that who's contract was about to expire, still has a yr left! I cant believe this crap! Thanks 2K!
That happened to me five years into a franchise. I had the team I wanted and was finally playing the games instead of simming and next thing you know, data corruption. I had two young guys who were just tearing it up, Stuckey, Amar'e Stoudamire and some other guys who I liked their playing style. Oh well. Restarted with the patch anyway.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 8

Well I have a few overall impressions of the patch. First off games are very realistic with minimal slider adjustment. I had to lower the AI's shooting sliders to 47/48. I also upped all the foul sliders. Everyone seems to be shooting like they should. Some guys have bad games, some guys have great games, averages out in general. The defense seems to be a bit improved. Still too many times where my PG runs back straight to the key instead of picking up hsi man and I watch an easy 3 or pullup go in. On On My Player the scores are definately more realistic with 12 minute quarters. I still wish I would stop getting dinged for offensive rebounds on free throws when I block out my man and just because my matchup lines up on the opposite side of the key, I get hit. I have noticed a bit of frame rate issues. Also twice when Stuckey was in the post, he started getting "jiggy wit it" and I couldn't do anything but throw a pass out. Finally despite the overall realistic shooting, I've discovered David West can't miss. Which is nice because I traded Ben Gordon for him, but he drops every post move and most of his mid range jumpers too. I've got him shooting at over 70% after six games in my association. I'll have to see if this continues.

They also fixed the D-league issue so that I send guys down and up at will. This is nice because Jerebko is a whiny B...h who won't accept his place.

To the people asking about injuries from roster updates in Association, they don't apply. When you start an association everyone is healthy (e.g. Yao) and the only injuries are those accumulated in YOUR association.

Last edited by Comduklakis; 11-15-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added answer to question
Old 11-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 1
the patch didnt help me. "My player" continues to freeze at the start of my second season. WTF? PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #172
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I played a quick NBA Today game as the Lakers vs the Rockets. I'm loving the fact that you have to earn your points down low. I played on Hall of Fame, default everything, 10 minute quarters. Both teams shot 48% for the game. I didn't play to win, just to get a feel for the patch so I got blown out by the depleted Rockets. Free throw attempts were a little low (about 10 for both teams) but everything else seem right on with NBA league averages...Good job 2K.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #173
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Is the online play a lot better, or is it still immpossible to play a game online?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #174
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis

They also fixed the D-league issue so that I send guys down and up at will. This is nice because Jerebko is a whiny B...h who won't accept his place.
Yeah, it's pretty cool fun to send a guy down to the D-League
Old 11-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 6

Anyone experiencing messed up rotations by the CPU?..I can even play the game at all because I had to play against a Celtic team that had rondo giddens kg sheed and Perkins all on the floor!..that was horrible!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 4

Okay, I've tried all sorts of different slider settings, waited a month and a half for the patch, and I just give up. No matter what I do, the CPU gets the vast majority of its points under the basket. This kickout issue is infuriating too, since when I manage to play good defense the man with the ball robo passes the ball to a wide open guy who sinks it most of the time. This game is so close to being great, but defense is just beyond me. I played through almost three full quarters against the Hawks as the Celtics and they managed to score 84 points on 57% shooting, 52 points in the paint. On top of that, they had 11 points from free throws. That leaves just 21 points scored outside the paint, and most of those were from the contested kickouts I mentioned earlier. I'll probably give the game one last shot in a couple days, but I think I'm probably done with this series from here on out unless something changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »