Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Definitely better game as others loving the contact, makes you plot out your post moves now. This is a pic of a loose ball foul accompany with a video. I have never seen this is a video game, not saying hasn't been but it is a first for me. I bumped up LBF to 60.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=504123

Verejao flopping like he does in real life... hah.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 9

Playing MyPlayer and since the patch I have had three instances in about 3 games played where I'm late on the [triangle] button for a rebound and Shaq or another big man comes down with the defensive rebound. Problem is my rebound button press now causes the rebounding player to take a FULL COURT shot attempt and give the ball right back to the other team. Anyone else had this happen and have you ever seen it pre patch?

Not digging the Cavs home GRAY headbands either...

Other things are looking nice, but I'm reserving judgement until I get some more games in.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 7

are jaggies still an issue post patch? that still drives me absolutely crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 5

There were a few questions posted and rather than quote all of them. I'm just answering them. The people who posted the ?'s will know which is for them.

To the guy that asked to post superstar stats. Here you go

I played against the Cavs. LBJ's stat line was as follows

37 points, 14-29 shooting, 1-43pt, 8-11FT, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 4 turnovers. How's that for realistic?

Against the Hornets CP3 scored 29 points on 10-19 fg%, 3-4 3pt, 6-7ft, 11 assists

And although it's subjective (i still consider him a 'superstar', personally) Tim Duncan in my most recent game went for 26 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Another person asked if anyone can confirm that players have stopped passing out of their shots. It happens rarely. I'd say once or twice a game. For the most part they're taking it to the rack and/or finishing whatever they started doing. I've yet to see one of those incredibly irritating layup animations followed by a pinpoint pass to an open shooter for an easy trey, thank goodness.

My biggest thing right now is that the game is competitive without feeling cheap. I'm finally able to start a franchise and stick with it because I'm not winning by 40 every game. I took the Hornets. Made two trades to bring in some wing shooting. I beat the Spurs 87-81. The game was full of RUNS which is, for the NBA purists, the way the NBA works. I was very happy to see that. I'd go up by 9, they'd close the gap. I'd go up by 8, they'd go on a 14-4 run and take a little lead. It was great and competitive until there was about 2 minutes left and David West made a miraculous block that stopped them from tying the game and CP3 subsequently hit a 3 pointer to give me a cushion.

Again I just thank 2k for the patch. They took a good game with flaws and turned it into an amazing basketball simulation with a few minor inconveniences. I'm completely addicted.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #133
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, so far, I can't make an open shot to save my life.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
are jaggies still an issue post patch? that still drives me absolutely crazy.
Would they actually incorporate antialaising into a patch ?

I doubt it. I think that's the type of thing that either is there on release date or isn't, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #135
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Can anyone tell me if the NBA FINALS trophy patch for players jerseys can be patched or put in with a roster update???
They had them in 2k9, why take that out!!

Thanks in advance to who ever knows the answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #136
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Sorry i just realised that this thred is for ps3 and not xbox....but my question should be universal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »