Home

NBA 2K10 Jersey Code Available

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Jersey Code Available within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NEW CODES!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me, I could have sworn reviews and game developers said that the "El Heat" Jerseys were in this year. I sure don't see them, Unless there's a code.

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #58
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
I wish they woul fix the kobe zoom 4.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #59
Banned

BigWillie_54's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
I want my damn Sonics!!!

Memphis ones are sweet tho...
the sonics and the thunder arent the same franchise. i know it sounds stranges but look it up, Seattle owns all the history of the sonics
Old 11-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillie_54
the sonics and the thunder arent the same franchise. i know it sounds stranges but look it up, Seattle owns all the history of the sonics
what does that have to do with him wanting the sonics retros? its been mentioned on these boards thousands of times that it shouldnt matter considering not only do other teams have retros with no real ties to their franchise and nba live 10 has the damn sonic retros so there is no reason that 2k shouldnt be able to have em.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #61
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
what does that have to do with him wanting the sonics retros? its been mentioned on these boards thousands of times that it shouldnt matter considering not only do other teams have retros with no real ties to their franchise and nba live 10 has the damn sonic retros so there is no reason that 2k shouldnt be able to have em.
Seattle had a real nasty break up and maybe they don't want the OKC Thunder wearing their jerseys. Maybe 2k respected that viewpoint and didn't put them in the game for the thunder, or maybe they just didn't feel like putting them in-who knows. Other teams have classic jerseys PB, but those jerseys/citys are still linked with the history of those organizations. OKC in Seattle's eyes is not connected at all with them, they are a seperate entity. Even Payton is on record of not wanting his jersey retired or linked with OKC. I'd like them to maybe add the jerseys as a created team option if you elect the city of Seattle as the location.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-11-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 03:25 AM   #62
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Charlotte Hornet jerseys are offered for NOH
Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K10 Jersey Code Available

bump
Old 11-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Seattle had a real nasty break up and maybe they don't want the OKC Thunder wearing their jerseys. Maybe 2k respected that viewpoint and didn't put them in the game for the thunder, or maybe they just didn't feel like putting them in-who knows. Other teams have classic jerseys PB, but those jerseys/citys are still linked with the history of those organizations. OKC in Seattle's eyes is not connected at all with them, they are a seperate entity. Even Payton is on record of not wanting his jersey retired or linked with OKC. I'd like them to maybe add the jerseys as a created team option if you elect the city of Seattle as the location.
If NBA Live offers Sonics retros in OKC then I'd say 2K should follow suit. Though, as you said, maybe it has something to do with respecting the wishes of the Seattle franchise, but I don't find that scenario very likely.

I agree with the idea of offering the jerseys in Create-a-Team mode though. I don't think NHL2K offered exact replica jerseys, but I remember they did offer retro logos to use in their create-a-team, and that was a start. Actually I think if 2K did indeed offer a vast array of retro logos (in addition to retro jerseys) for use in their create-a-team, alongside a court editor, there could be some outstanding results there.

For instance, imagine having the ability to assign the retro Bullets logo and jerseys to your created "Washington Bullets" team then being able to edit your own floor, placing the Bullets logo at midcourt (though I'm not sure the Bullets actually had that, but for the sake of dreaming we'll assume they did) and the ability to edit floor colors a la College Hoops. I think there's a lot of potential there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »