Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #609
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
lol, nah homey not like that. i'm fully aware this is a video game. but when stuff like your guy leaving his player for no reason to give him a open ucontested shot, that bugs me. sorry it make you feel sad to here me say it, but if 2k is claiming this to be a sim then that's the way it should play. i'm on all star, but the more i bump up the level, the dumber my teammates are. if i set to NEVER DOUBLE TEAM, guest what?...my teammates should never double team. this is the impressions thread, if you don't like to hear this, maybe you should leave...
Try turning the defensive assist strength down. I'm playing on All-Star, defualt sliders and lost to the Blazers and Warriors due to their insane 3 point shooting. What happens is I play off ball and like to roam. When I do that, people rotate off their guys to "assist" me even though I don't want them to. This leads to open threes. With assist strength down, your teammates are more likely to stay with their man even if you sag off your defender. I turned Assist stength to zero and was able to beat Portland and hold them to a reasonable shooting %.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #610
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Good question....I think a 2k Dev would have to answer that. But it sounds like you should delete everything and start all over.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #611
Rookie

OVR: 5

Dumb question... how do I change the quarter minutes for my player game? I thought you didn't have to restart the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #612
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm going to restart everything when the patch drops...same for madden...those tackle #s in madden were crazy for CPU in franchise...

on topic i see that tendencies work correctly. i played dallas and terry was bodying me then he fouled out. in the 2 OTs...dirk took the ball and started killing me with that high midrange and pullup 3s...i like that terry had the hot hand and they gave him the ball..and when he was gone they went straight to their superstar and they won...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #613
Banned

OVR: 6

For people that says the cpu shots are high......I just played the majic beat them 106-100 on allstar..... They shot 44% from the field

3 point fg% 21%......
fg% 42/94.. I play with the 76ers in a season so you can play defense you just have to pick your poison......
Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #614
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRebound
Dumb question... how do I change the quarter minutes for my player game? I thought you didn't have to restart the mode.

You don't. Go into Presentation, there's an option to change minute length there.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #615
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I just hope the 2K devs don't read their forums. Bunch of people there saying it's too hard to score in the paint now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #616
Supporter

OVR: 22

-Since the patch dropped, I've been able to hold the CPU to under 50% shooting every game that I've played (superstar default), but I still managed to lose some games even when I shoot over 50% due to being severely out-rebounded; guess I'll chalk that up with the team that I'm using (Hornets.) Honestly, I don't have much beef with the shooting %'s now, as hard as that is for me to believe myself because they were so juiced up out of the box (from everywhere in the half-court), but you can tell they put a major emphasis on toning this area down.

-One thing that they said would be toned down, but I'm not seeing it, is the alley oops. I'm more successful in defending against them, due to my teammates being more aware, but the CPU still attempts to complete too many. Also, with more time with the game, I've still seen my share of broken plays (play art disappearing.) Initially, thought this was completely remedied, but its improved and not completely fixed...

-Add me to the people who are seeing new animations with every game that I play now. Everything from blocks, to layups/(dunks), to hard fouls. This games' depth appears almost limitless sometimes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »