Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 11-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #497
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
is it me or did the patch wear off or something. first game post patch was great!! shooting % and crazy passing and back doors were down for me and the cpu. ever since then, the game has gone back to what it was prior to the patch. the cpu is now hitting ridiculous shots, fastbreaks on every possesion, their trying to block every shot i put up. it's like the game has just done a complete 180 rom what the patch addressed. well, a least walk the dog works now...
i posted about that as well. i was happy and truly excited after the first game.. second game and beyond its back to the old pre patched ways, or worse... ever since changing sliders just slightly, the game has downgraded considerably. I was wondering if sliders could be broken or some of my setting files/game slider files?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #498
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Man, Online post patch is awesome I must say. It is way more balanced then b4. I exclusively use the sixers online and post patch it was really tough to hang with those elite teams by playing solid ball. Now the difference is really huge imo. Just beat a cheeser online who used the nuggets. He kept turning the ball over on lead passes and failed alleyoops. His shot chart consisted of either a paint shot or a 3 with no midrange j's to speak of. With all the new paint contact animations he had a really tough time scoring inside. Cheesers are really pissed at this patch I bet. good job 2k!!!!
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #499
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
i posted about that as well. i was happy and truly excited after the first game.. second game and beyond its back to the old pre patched ways, or worse... ever since changing sliders just slightly, the game has downgraded considerably. I was wondering if sliders could be broken or some of my setting files/game slider files?
some people have deleted all their 2k files and game data. That might help.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Is it difficult to pull up right on the 3pt line? And do kick outs around the top of the key have the offensive player like 3ft befind the line?
yes, yes. kick outs to an open, offensive player will also be closed down by the CPU (who was down doubling someone else) in under .05 seconds with a perfectly timed block.

i just had a Cavs vs. Magic game, 12minutes on Superstar and default sliders. i quit the game in the 4th Q after the Magic shot 75% from 3, 65% from the field, completed 4/5 alley oops to howard out of a half court offsense over a crowded lane. i was shooting 58% from the field. score was CPU/me 110/90 in the 4th quarter w/o me spamming the inside shots. most CPU scores came from the fastbreak where they had pietrus and and rashad bolt 0-60 in .01 secs outrunning everyone on my team all the time.

i'll wait for some new sliders because the only thing i see that's worthwhile in this patch is the fixed custom music options.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #501
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
So putting the defensive assist back on 50 in the controller settings is the right move?
I put mine back to 50 after having it @0..I noticed an increase in fouls by me and alot more physical contact in the paint..anyone els notice fouls increasing with defensive assist..I am loving it thus far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #502
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

are you guys noticing an insane amount of alley oops by the CPU now? i have the slider set to 10 and they're still throwing them up all the time.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #503
Rookie

OVR: 14

I love the game post-patch but something weird just happened. I went into the menus, looked at the gametrack and when I returned to the gameplay it was like I was in some kind of weird coach mode. I couldn't inbound the ball, I had no control over any of the players although I could still switch control from one player to another, but it still made no difference. Called timeouts, went into the settings and checked that coach mode was turned off but it was still the same.

Weird...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #504
Banned

OVR: 7

Is it just me or are there a ton of alley oop attempts ? Not successfull alleys but a lot of tried alleys. Just now the Magic attemptrd about 10-12 against me in 3 quarters ... And i allready put the slider down to 15.

EDIT : @ sambf 12 : DidnŽt see you post. So yeah, i do.

IŽll try to go into the player tendencies and lower the alley oop tendency for big guys.

Last edited by Whoman; 11-07-2009 at 04:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »