Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #401
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Has player movement been tightened up? Less jerkiness, SLIDING and jolting? Bigs still play tight defense on the perimeter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #402
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onpoint17
Anybody notice if the free agent pool is back in season mode after the patch??
No it's not. Also some of the FA you sign in Association don't appear on the teams roster. I called customer service and received a "Sorry" but that is about it. This was one of the biggest oversights in the game to begin with and to then miss it in the patch to? I posted a thread on this on the main Forum page and in the roster section hoping to find some answers. Feel free to vent your anger there if you want. Maybe someone will take notice if enough of us speak up.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #403
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
Truely we shouldn't be talking about this when their are sliders yes sliders you can use to fit your needs.........yes I said sliders try using them chief!
This is a PATCH impressions thread. This is not called a "the patch has dropped now start tweaking the heck out of sliders to make the game as realistic as possible" thread. Once I downloaded the patch, I set all sliders to default so I could get an idea of the actual FIXES 2k has made to the game.

You're not going to be able to fully see what has or hasn't changed if you're playing the patched game using your pre-patch sliders. Like I've said before, I've only reduced the inside scoring by the CPU (to 45), and I will attempt to reduce the layup success a bit as well and see if that will properly improve the overall CPU FG%.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #404
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Defense is much improved, I notice my players sticking with their man and getting a hand in the CPU's face without me having to adjust any sliders and this goes for the perimeter and down low. Shot blocking is much more aggressive for me and the cpu.

Also I don't see the player I'm controlling getting stuck in an animation on shots anymore especially when the shot clock is winding down. That happened a lot to me pre-patch.

The game is definitely a lot more fluid.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 11-06-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #405
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Wasn't the upcoming schedule covering the screen part of the patch. I'm still seeing it, but during stops in play. Is that normal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #406
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Has player movement been tightened up? Less jerkiness, SLIDING and jolting? Bigs still play tight defense on the perimeter?
great info..... any of this in the patch? I want to get an idea if the game now closer resembles the Combine.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just got through a 10 minute quarters game, Miami vs. Bucks. I was Miami. I shot 45 percent from the floor, CPU shot 48. Free throws for me were 27/35, CPU was 17/27. Points in the paint were 34 for me, 36 for CPU. This was with my slider and foul slider tweaks combined with Nogsters roster. Freakin amazing. Anyone else notice all these new shot animations now? I can't stress enough how real the game feels now.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #408
MVP

OVR: 13

id like to hear more regarding the fatigue changes. hopefully they didnt over- correct what is a potentially great fatigue system.

however it had some issues pre-patch in regards to some of the cpu controlled players would fatigue extra quick without being controlled by the user.

usually 1 or 2 players would be down to 1 blinking bar within a couple minutes of game time while being controlled by the cpu.

example denver nuggets- cpu melo would be "exhausted"(1 blinking enrgy bar left) 4-5 minutes into the game while cpu nene running up and down the court same amount would have 4 bars left.

hopefully the patch tweak with possible slider changes gets this right. most of these guys with exception of some of the bigs /old guys , should be able to run and play ball all day long.

i do agree with and like the turbo drain on fatigue by the user.

hopefully they didnt mess it up for the online guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »