Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #353
Rookie

Pyro's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Alright first game played, lost in a blowout 74-90. Mostly in part of bad free throw shooting 48%. Sent to the line 33 times, but its mostly because of my style of play of using my wing players to beat off defenders off the dribble and drawing the foul. I also had a crazy amount of turnovers, most of them warranted, the days of lead passing over half the length of the court for a fast break are gone. A lot of deflections passing into inside which i like, but i' am having glitches where when i try to kick it out to my perimeter guy and the ball just "loses air" and falls right to the ground.

Btw, playing with a fantasy draft team in association and with pared's slider tweaks. Now back to more playing.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 7

Now it's definitely harder to score points in the paint now, the defense plays a lot tougher too. Patch did make a difference to the game... for the better.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #355
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Momentous and I just played an online game 10 min quarters. No Lag whatsoever in what was a gem of a sim exhibition between the Jazz and Bulls. Pre-Patch online, I honestly felt that my defenders were ice skating, especially when I use the crowding feature or defensive assist with LT. This was due to the poor framerate in general that allowed for easy blow bys to the rim. Post-patch, a good defender can really lock down players with the LT defensive assist, even while I have my defensive assist turned down to 0. I just love how the framerate improvement has made online play that much better, resulting in tighter controls as well as tight player movement. The amount of body contact that I saw when attempting drives to the hoop leads me to believe that there is a "hidden" collision detection slider that 2k tweaked for the patch. I havent tried any team up or pick up games to test the viability of multiplayer online, but with ranked and custom matches, there has been a VAST improvement to the gameplay online. All that is to test now is my online league and make sure that things are smooth on that front as well.

good write up dude
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #356
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Damn, I was gonna sell this game but all the impressions has me thinking twice.
Why don't you actually play the game yourself instead of relying on forum posts?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #357
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Explain
Pre patch, there was/is a bug that will cause any draft class that was created in the main menu to age every year despite not loading them into the association...For EX: I created the 2010 draft, loaded it into the first year of my assciation, John Wall and the whole class are at the correct age....But if I decided to load that class 10 years into my association, John Wall and others would age 10 years(Wall would be 29 or whatever as a prospect) So if you created 2011+ draft classee in the main menu, they all would advance 1 year in age...The work around was to create the draft classes in association mode(year by year) then save them....The patch just changed the age to their Bday, so instead of displaying 19 years old it shows 1991 which is reconized as their age which is forcing these players to retire after year 1...The good news is that we can go back and edit there age back to normal as if the patch never touched it lol...Extra work
Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #358
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Why don't you actually play the game yourself instead of relying on forum posts?

lol, that would be too simple
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #359
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
too much crowd in the background. why can't they just make 1 FT camera angle? Just have both FT attempts in the 2k cam view that you see on the 2nd attempt. i would trade the "cool" presentation view on the 1st attempt for 0 lag!!
People bitched and complained about only having one FT camera in past years. they said it would be more sim with multiple cameras,
Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #360
Pro

OVR: 9

Has autosave glitch been fixed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »