Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #345
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Plays seem to set up a little quicker, but its still NOWHERE near what it should be. I still find myself mostly avoiding calling any of the plays besides the quick PNRs and such. There's still that "set up" animation from your ball handler after you select a playcall that causes you to not have control of your player for a moment, but the animation period seems to be reduced a little; still not enough to my liking. FG%s overall are a little better (mainly because of the nice increase in contact animations), but I think this will still need to be slightly tweaked via sliders (but just the main shooting sliders).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #346
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Solid patch other than the bone head move to make my created draft class players over 1000 years old...Yes I now it was "suppose" to be the birth date but the game is reconizing it as there age and now EVERY prospect I created retires after one year.....We had a workaround already...:
Explain
Old 11-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 13

I loaded my association after downloading the patch and i still can't send any more players down to the d-league. I'm in year two of an association i really like and don't want to start over. Am i missing something here? Is this a roster issue?

Update: Just started a game and my team had white headbands on the road so i'm gonna assume this is a roster issue. It sucks because i really liked this association.

Last edited by Chessboxer1; 11-06-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #348
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2

This is my last line of questions guys-My next post here will be an impression: How do you guys feel about the playcalling execution post patch? Are guys getting to their spots faster? Are plays still breaking down too soon?
Wondering the same thing as a person who primarily scores the ball by running offensive plays; I haven't seen anyone address this post, but I'm getting ready to head home in a few, so I'll make sure to check this out, and include it in my overall impressions to see if it's improved.

Edit: post#345 touch on it a bit, but I'll see if I see the same thing when I play.

Last edited by Epiffani; 11-06-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #349
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
Wondering the same thing as a person who primarily scores the ball by running offensive plays; I haven't seen anyone address this post, but I'm getting ready to head home in a few, so I'll make sure to check this out, and include it in my overall impressions to see if it's improved.

Edit: post#345 touch on it a bit, but I'll see if I see the same thing when I play.
I answered this a bit in my last post.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #350
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Damn, I was gonna sell this game but all the impressions has me thinking twice.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #351
MVP

I definitely think adjusting CPU shooting sliders is best since it appears they are the only ones shooting at an unrealistic percentage now. I also think as a result, the CPU is a little too successful on their And-1s so the shooting sliders on their side will have to be reduced. I'd really like to run more plays to get more effective shots but they still seem to be a bit too much on the sluggish side for my tastes. 2K really needs to just steal NBA Live's play-calling system because this has been an issue with their basketball games for years.

Edit: Actually, we may not need to reduce the mid-range and 3pt shooting sliders for the CPU because those seem to be relatively realistic. It appears the inside shooting slider is the one that needs to be reduced. That way, the And-1s are less apparent, and the lower paint success should reduce the overall team FG% by a good margin.

Last edited by NumberOneRB; 11-06-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #352
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I stop posting there...just because of that. 2kforums has a lot of children on there...And it is very sad.

But yea I want to hear impressions on human opponents and/or about online play...Anyone?
Momentous and I just played an online game 10 min quarters. No Lag whatsoever in what was a gem of a sim exhibition between the Jazz and Bulls. Pre-Patch online, I honestly felt that my defenders were ice skating, especially when I use the crowding feature or defensive assist with LT. This was due to the poor framerate in general that allowed for easy blow bys to the rim. Post-patch, a good defender can really lock down players with the LT defensive assist, even while I have my defensive assist turned down to 0. I just love how the framerate improvement has made online play that much better, resulting in tighter controls as well as tight player movement. The amount of body contact that I saw when attempting drives to the hoop leads me to believe that there is a "hidden" collision detection slider that 2k tweaked for the patch. I havent tried any team up or pick up games to test the viability of multiplayer online, but with ranked and custom matches, there has been a VAST improvement to the gameplay online. All that is to test now is my online league and make sure that things are smooth on that front as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »