Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 11-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #337
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
I'm currently at work...

Has the framerate slowdown been fixed in the Sixers arena in the new patch? Thanks!
I'm actually playing there now in my NBA Today game and I have noticed no frame rate slowdown whatsoever. I take that back actually, during actual gameplay: NONE. A brief moment after timeouts: Yes, but its only for a second or so and I've noticed no frame rate issues during actual gameplay.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 6

Oh yeah, i almost forgot:
The glitch where the game freezes ant the freethrow animation, u know where the Ref wont pass the ball and the player on the bench shake their heads like mainacs? Its still there, even more often, I had it 4 times in 3 games...of course its solved woth a timeout, but still annoying.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #339
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
No, I have XBOX live silver and have been able to download the patch. Good Luck!
THANK YOU!!!..So soon as i turn the game on it should ask me to download a patch? i am at work cant check now
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #340
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I'm actually playing there now in my NBA Today game and I have noticed no frame rate slowdown whatsoever. I take that back actually, during actual gameplay: NONE. A brief moment after timeouts: Yes, but its only for a second or so and I've noticed no frame rate issues during actual gameplay.
This is great news! Can't wait to try it out this evening!
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #341
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Feels like CHRISTMAS DAY. I didnt have to pause once to check on my teammates. infact, I had to pause to make sure I wasn't missing any instances. Double and triple takes on that front.

I got one 10 minute qrt, DEFAULT everything PRO game.

Pistons (cpu) vs. Magic(user)
-first off on a presentation front:
HIGHLIGHT custom music works for end of qrt breaks.
HALFTIME kicks in for the entire halftime sequence.
POTG kicks in as the game ends, and that music stops after the POTG highlight/montage. Entering the game track highlights its the 2k10 music.
Player music works. I set Dwight to have superman theme and that plays for made FGs. (not FTs)

Onto the game, first off. THIS IS HOW THE GAME SHOULDVE RELEASED. I'm just a happy little schoolboy right now lol

IN game Screenshots are finally working:

Playing on Default PRO, even with default FOUL sliders and living rosters. A few things come to mind.

-STAMINA -now needs to be adjusted down. guys just dont tire that much
-SHOOTING sliders- CPU shooting slightly above what they should. User shooting just a pinch above that. I will alter sliders on those real soon. CPU around 47/48/49 and user 48/49/49.
-FOUL sliders- I may have to go back to what Pared bad in 75-75-80-80-100. although i did see a charge on default. I may try out everthing-10 on his, wihth 65-65-70-70-90 my next game.

Some video highlights:
I'm the magic. I see Dwight get semi open. prepatch, thats a lead pass for a dunk. NOW.. its a deflection and TO. BE smart with your passes folks!
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466403

Here I take control of Dwight and help out on the double team. I HAVE CONTROL OF MY PLAYER. It's accurate, precise, effective. im amazed.
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466416

not too common but a perfectly executed fastbreak type play. Animations are not a hinderence here..
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466452

this replay starts too soon but I take vince, get around one guy, and charlie is ther efor the CHARGE.. THEY CALL IT!
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466551

WHat wouldve been one of those ugly sequences where a double comes and a player cuts, BASS , a cpu controlled TEAMMATE, reverbs back to the paint and gets the BLOCK!
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466607

I read through this thread and am left astounded at some people. I understand everyone is different and have ideas about what they feel is authentic.

Team Stats:
pistons- magic
final score:
101- 90
46-84 fg 39-78
54% fg% 50%
4-11 threes 2/8
5/8 fts 10/12
32 assists 31
7 turnovers 6
6 team fouls 7
38 total rebounds 31
6 off. boards 5
6 steals 6
3 blocks 6
50 PIP 50
31 bench pts 14
6 second chance 8
10 fb pts 8

Overall, Im quite impressed.

fine tuning just a few sliders and this game is as perfect as we will have seen EVER in NBA video basketball games
This post is quite impressive. Not just impressions but videos to back up his statement. Great job man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #342
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Would you mind elaborating on the framerate issues you are seeing?

Current framerate issues:

- The hitch on the pass-in after the camera transitions on 2k cam (what is it about 2k cam that causes so much trouble?)
- The first of two free throws is still laggy
- During timeouts, the spotlights still will cause massive framerate drop. I think it would be better without these spotlights at all.

But that is being very nitpicky. For the most part the game runs perfectly.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #343
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Solid patch other than the bone head move to make my created draft class players over 1000 years old...Yes I now it was "suppose" to be the birth date but the game is reconizing it as there age and now EVERY prospect I created retires after one year.....We had a workaround already...:
Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #344
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by triballeo
Current framerate issues:

- The hitch on the pass-in after the camera transitions on 2k cam (what is it about 2k cam that causes so much trouble?)
- The first of two free throws is still laggy
- During timeouts, the spotlights still will cause massive framerate drop. I think it would be better without these spotlights at all.

But that is being very nitpicky. For the most part the game runs perfectly.
too much crowd in the background. why can't they just make 1 FT camera angle? Just have both FT attempts in the 2k cam view that you see on the 2nd attempt. i would trade the "cool" presentation view on the 1st attempt for 0 lag!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »