Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #329
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton
For the ones who think stammina was good before the patch: put the slider at 44 or 45, its nearly as if the patch where never there.
I will try that Keaton thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
so what is the consensus on the kickout passes? still there but not as much?
It's still there but not nearly as often prepatch. IMO of course.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #330
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

no lag in Boston great patch 2k feels like a whole new game
Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #331
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
didnt get to see it on the few pages I got a chance to read and im not home but did they fix the PnR exploit where the defense would leave an entire area wide open?
People are saying they have, but in my only PnR attempt, I got a layup. This was with a good offensive team against a bad defensive team though. I think a fair assessment would be to test this with a middle of the pack PnR team vs. Sacto and Boston, and gauge the results over the length of the entire quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #332
MVP

OVR: 8

Before downloading the patch I had one quarter using TOR vs ORL and then the same matchup with the patch installed. Everything on default (except fouling), 11 min quarter, pro difficulty. Consider that I played as a jerk (lot of lead passes and P&R, soft defense) in both games on purpose.
I can surely confirm that that game plays much better and look and feels much more realistic and legit. You definetely have no more the feeling of being cheated by the CPU on offense and sabotaged by your teammates on defense. As regards the gameplay, the patch seems to deliver on the whole what promised .
What deliver more: a LOT of contact, which was even more evident after having just played a game pre-patch. Therefore, as someone said, you will see a lot of apparently new animations
What deliver less: FG% still quite high (61% for the CPU and 55% for me at halftime) so as PIP (32 on 66 for teh CPU and 38 on 62 for me). However, as I said before, you have to take into account how I approached the game (aka jerkly). I would say that even this could be positive, because the patch doesn't play defense for you.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #333
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I think I found a crazy glitch. 1st game after the update, 2nd quarter, I shoot one up with Granger and they call a foul and I make the basket. Everyone acts like no foul was called and run upcourt, stadium announcer says at the line to shoot 2, but its as if there was no foul called.

Thats cool, but now I cant control any players. The game goes into CPU vs CPU mode, and to boot, nobody can make a shot so its CPU running up and down the court missing shots. I call a few timeouts to get it right, but nothing works. I go into settings, and the game still shows my controller on the pacers.

Finally, the CPU team makes a shot but now my guys will not inbound the ball and they keep getting 5 second violations. I tried to call a few time outs but to no avail I had to quit. either way, I missed out on a quarter because of this so even if I fixed it, the game was ruined.

has anyone experienced anything like this or is this a bug with the patch?
Hey, try to save the game, then reload it.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Would you mind elaborating on the framerate issues you are seeing?
My english isnt the greatest but I will try: In Boston the Broadcast Cam started "stuttering", and in Toronto the same when those "disco" lights went on, it stopped when they went off. No problems in Atlanta. Dont know what to say more...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #335
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Glad to hear so many positive reviews (from the posters I know and trust at least), can't wait to try it out once the patch drops for PS3.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #336
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
People are saying they have, but in my only PnR attempt, I got a layup. This was with a good offensive team against a bad defensive team though. I think a fair assessment would be to test this with a middle of the pack PnR team vs. Sacto and Boston, and gauge the results over the length of the entire quarter.

Scoring on them is fine, getting through is fine as well, but it was just unusually at the offenses advantage no ifs ands or buts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »