Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #297
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

good post rueben...i feel like the patch was tailor made for how i play darn near perfectly man....Im just like wtf didnt the game release like this...lol
Old 11-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #298
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmassie
31 assists on 39 fga -very disappointed! Don't understand why true simmers tend to overlook this
I have to. when its all said and done, its just a NUMBER. THe gameplay mechanics, AI, and animations bring out that true fun factor
Old 11-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #299
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
The only silver lining with the headband issue is that you can probably download the latest Living Roster file and edit it to your liking to circumvent the problem.

The issue with THAT though is that some people have spent a LOT of time doing edits and don't feel like doing them over again -_-

We talkin' about headbands? Not gameplay, not gameplay, but HEADBANDS? I might be in the minority, but are headband and accessories that important? Really?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #300
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Let's keep this about impressions, we've already gone down that road, WC. Thanks.
Will do, Sorry.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #301
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I have to. when its all said and done, its just a NUMBER. THe gameplay mechanics, AI, and animations bring out that true fun factor
Quick Question:

As for as hearing music on the individual players, was that during franchise or quick play? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #302
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Great stuff Ruben, thanks for the vids.

Still sounds like assists are being credited when they shouldn't... didn't 2K claim they addressed this in a patch of a previous version (2K9 or 2K8) and it didn't fix it then either? They just can't seem to get this right.

Hopefully that strange glitch that Renegade and TJ posted about is very rare, because it sounds pretty bad.

Sony, for the love of God, please get the patch out for PS3!!! This wait is killing me.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #303
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromo50
Can someone please look to see if there is any lag in 2k cam when the the camera switches over on possession

thanks

In dallas, where the framerate issues were at their very worst pre-patch, there is only a minor hitch when inbounding the ball on 2k cam. The actual camera transition is smooth, but when the inbounder passes the ball in, there is a hiccup there each time.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #304
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Feels like CHRISTMAS DAY. I didnt have to pause once to check on my teammates. infact, I had to pause to make sure I wasn't missing any instances. Double and triple takes on that front.

I got one 10 minute qrt, DEFAULT everything PRO game.

Pistons (cpu) vs. Magic(user)
-first off on a presentation front:
HIGHLIGHT custom music works for end of qrt breaks.
HALFTIME kicks in for the entire halftime sequence.
POTG kicks in as the game ends, and that music stops after the POTG highlight/montage. Entering the game track highlights its the 2k10 music.
Player music works. I set Dwight to have superman theme and that plays for made FGs. (not FTs)

Onto the game, first off. THIS IS HOW THE GAME SHOULDVE RELEASED. I'm just a happy little schoolboy right now lol

IN game Screenshots are finally working:

Playing on Default PRO, even with default FOUL sliders and living rosters. A few things come to mind.

-STAMINA -now needs to be adjusted down. guys just dont tire that much
-SHOOTING sliders- CPU shooting slightly above what they should. User shooting just a pinch above that. I will alter sliders on those real soon. CPU around 47/48/49 and user 48/49/49.
-FOUL sliders- I may have to go back to what Pared bad in 75-75-80-80-100. although i did see a charge on default. I may try out everthing-10 on his, wihth 65-65-70-70-90 my next game.

Some video highlights:
I'm the magic. I see Dwight get semi open. prepatch, thats a lead pass for a dunk. NOW.. its a deflection and TO. BE smart with your passes folks!
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466403

Here I take control of Dwight and help out on the double team. I HAVE CONTROL OF MY PLAYER. It's accurate, precise, effective. im amazed.
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466416

not too common but a perfectly executed fastbreak type play. Animations are not a hinderence here..
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466452

this replay starts too soon but I take vince, get around one guy, and charlie is ther efor the CHARGE.. THEY CALL IT!
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466551

WHat wouldve been one of those ugly sequences where a double comes and a player cuts, BASS , a cpu controlled TEAMMATE, reverbs back to the paint and gets the BLOCK!
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=466607

I read through this thread and am left astounded at some people. I understand everyone is different and have ideas about what they feel is authentic.

Team Stats:
pistons- magic
final score:
101- 90
46-84 fg 39-78
54% fg% 50%
4-11 threes 2/8
5/8 fts 10/12
32 assists 31
7 turnovers 6
6 team fouls 7
38 total rebounds 31
6 off. boards 5
6 steals 6
3 blocks 6
50 PIP 50
31 bench pts 14
6 second chance 8
10 fb pts 8

Overall, Im quite impressed.

fine tuning just a few sliders and this game is as perfect as we will have seen EVER in NBA video basketball games

Sounds good. How many minutes are you playing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »