Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #273
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I'm just gonna come on here real quick after player about a quarter and a half of basketball to express just how impressed I am so far with the improvements made via patch. The first thing that stood out to me was how GREATLY improved the defense is on all fronts. No more stupid AI teammates leaving men open for no reason, no more stupid AI players going way out of their way to leave their assignments for help defense. Finally, when I go into coaching to do player defensive assignments/pressures it actually WORKS and my teammates do as I instructed.

I'm noticing A LOT more contact on shots not only in the paint, but in ANY scenario in which you would expect contact during a shot (especially when you try to force your shot around the perimeter). A LOT less shots are dropping as a result and I am SO happy because of it. I'm playing as the Sixers vs. Nets in an NBA Today game, gonna get back to it and see what else I notice.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #274
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Jeebs told you that folks would cry about the fatigue and 2K was going to fix it

Yea...sucks...but if the paint contact is what everyone keeps making it. I'll totally shut up....and kneel down...thank you 2k...thank you...lol
Old 11-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #275
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
They should never fix this. It makes the game look very glitchy.
This statement makes no sense. What are you talking about? Fatigue or shooting? How does fatigue make a game "look very glitchy"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #276
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I'm just gonna come on here real quick after player about a quarter and a half of basketball to express just how impressed I am so far with the improvements made via patch. The first thing that stood out to me was how GREATLY improved the defense is on all fronts. No more stupid AI teammates leaving men open for no reason, no more stupid AI players going way out of their way to leave their assignments for help defense. Finally, when I go into coaching to do player defensive assignments/pressures it actually WORKS and my teammates do as I instructed.

I'm noticing A LOT more contact on shots not only in the paint, but in ANY scenario in which you would expect contact during a shot (especially when you try to force your shot around the perimeter). A LOT less shots are dropping as a result and I am SO happy because of it. I'm playing as the Sixers vs. Nets in an NBA Today game, gonna get back to it and see what else I notice.
When is coming out for PS3 again?....lol (I know the answer) Damn... I might really go out and get an xbox after work. Just to see how much has improved.

Anyone here have impressions vs other users/human opponents?

I know we talked about alley oops and PIP/Contact.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #277
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yea...sucks...but if the paint contact is what everyone keeps making it. I'll totally shut up....and kneel down...thank you 2k...thank you...lol
The contact in the paint, in MY opinion, is all what people are saying. And it doesn't feel or look forced either! When I play for real, my game is in the paint. To be honest, I'm so used to contact, I think I'd miss a clean shot. The game is now reflecting that.

As for the fatigue, yeah, man. As I said, I think the folks that liked the fatigue as it was should have been more vocal than the whiners. I'm hoping it's still not exploitable. That's the part that's scary. We have sliders for the offline...
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #278
Pro

OVR: 6
Question Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

For those talking about the latest official 2k rosters and not wanting to use them because of the injury situations - what did you mean?

do you mean that the injured players will never come back to the active roster if used to start an association or my player career?

I would like to know, as I am dying to restart my "my player" career...and want this to be the last time! so I figured I would use the latest rosters and make some edits and then start it up....but now am worried about the injuries issues...please explain....thx..
Old 11-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is a great thread! 2k Forums is just bickering, and complaining. Very few impressions. Great job OS! Sounds like the game is much improved. Cant wait for the ps3 patch to drop. Can anyone confirm if the develpmental drills glitch in association mode has been fixed? Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #280
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

What about online play...

- Can you now save your starting line ups/rotation minutes and have it carry over to online ??

- Do your wins get recorded now ?? (This might only be a PS3 problem...i'm not sure). I've played over 30+ games online but my record is only 3-0 ??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »