Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #825
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 out, PS3 JUST RELEASED)

I have the feeling that they went from 1 extreme to the other with fouls in the paint.
I played 1 post patch PS3 game with the Lakers against the Nuggets on All-Star and by the end of Q1 most of my starters had 2-3 fouls.
At half time the Nuggets had gotten 30 free throws. I have no clue how you can stop the CPU from getting into the paint without getting a foul. The key to win seems to go to the rim as much as possible and draw fouls.
Minor issue: buttons seem less responsive when going into menus. Also, when the CPU is at the FT line and I try to switch from my SF to another player, the icon immediately and automatically switches back to my SF.

Positives: the CPU seems to miss more when you try to contest a shot (and no foul is called); the graphics look better (lighting).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #826
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I think these issues have A LOT to do with the DNA/roster updates and not the patch, it's the only explanation for such erratic behavior since the DNA is the only constantly changing variable. The first post-patch game I played this afternoon was amazing. I got home from work tonight, DL'd the latest update, played another game and it was horrible.

I lost 116-73 with the Heat, I had 24 points at halftime. I think I shot about 10% in the paint, David Lee missed all four of his dunk attempts (none were blocked, he just missed them) and shot 3-15 from the field, Al Harrington went 1-12, mostly all on open mid-range jumpers. Nate Robinson shot 4-19, as a team I shot 28%. Getting into the lane and drawing fouls all of a sudden felt like it was pre-patch again - it was perfect this afternoon and now it's a mess again. There was a blatant CPU advantage that was absolutely no where to be found when I played the game this afternoon. Both games were on default All-Star.

Really concerning, these updates seem to do more harm than good. I'm sure I'll wind up playing NCAA '10 the most this winter, it should be Live's gameplay with a decent dynasty and no DNA to mess things up constantly.
I think that because it is so early in the season, the DNA %'s are really skewed.

Dynamic, daily updated DNA is wonderful in general, but this probably the one flaw in it.

Right now, there are guys who are absolutely deadly...and others who make you want to scream.

I played a dynamic season game, and the only way I could score with Ginobli was either at the foul line, or on layups.

I think once the sample sizes get larger, we'll see less Schitzo behavior.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #827
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Im not seeing how this patch is bad or terrible like others have said... I have played about 5 games post patch and am loving it even more than I did pre-patch...

Players seem to move more fluidly, CPU AI is WAY more aggressive than they were pre-patch, Fastbreaks are in for the CPU..

This game has just stepped upt to elite status with this patch for me.. after they drop patch 2 it will be even better..

Lovin it..

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 11-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #828
Rookie

OVR: 8

Let me get my 2 cents in...

I played 2 games last night Post-patch and my early feelings are that the game plays much better. However, they appeared to have toned down the offense. What I mean is pre-patch you could override CPU runs sometimes by just pounding inside and get a foul or high % shot. Those shots post patch don't go in. Talk about Iron Unkind.

I went through significant stretches of both games where I couldn't score, thankfully, the CPU had its anemic stretches as well. The offense feels more rhythmic, like you cant impose human will to score. 3pt shooting has been toned down a lot, neither I or the CPU could hit very many. A couple fell that were shot in rhythm, though I would not base any offense around them anymore.

The biggest change I saw was the Defense, the game seems to help the user out a little more than before, and is more forgiving when you are out of position defensively. Blocks and rebounds seem to look more believable in the context that they occur. And It certainly helped me to defend better, but when the CPU really wanted to score it scored.

I believe this new defensive change will come into play better for Human Vs Human games, and online, It should make it a little easier to play on ball D. Just a couple of new animations you have to be able to recognize and time correctly or avoid all together, if you can. Some may not like the change, me, I think it's good. This will allow for more basketball strategy determining who will win as opposed to just stick skills, and button releases.

As far as bugs and glitches, I did not experience any, YMMV.

For the record;

I played it like it just came out of the box other than to move up to 12 min qtrs. Pro Default. Fouls to me were on point, shot totals were a little high but percentages were good.

A lot of people felt that this game played a more realistic brand of ball on PRO level with slider adjustments, I happened to be one those people. But with the change defensively, it might not be possible for some to get any challenge from the CPU on Pro, and thats a shame, because Pro just seems to play a really good game of Basketball. I lost the first game, and won the second, but the most important thing was both games were fun.

Lastly, I defy anyone to take the latest DNA roster download of the New Jersey Nets and beat anybody. I could only manage to shoot 36% with them the first post patch game I played. The second one was a little better and I was able to drop 42 on Toronto with Kevin Durant.

I say let the leagues begin....

MrMars
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #829
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars
Let me get my 2 cents in...

I played 2 games last night Post-patch and my early feelings are that the game plays much better. However, they appeared to have toned down the offense. What I mean is pre-patch you could override CPU runs sometimes by just pounding inside and get a foul or high % shot. Those shots post patch don't go in. Talk about Iron Unkind.
This is what I experienced last night as well, only after the latest DNA update that came out yesterday. I played a game before that update and it was amazing. I need to test it out some more today, not sure if DNA is just too extreme right now has SGF said above.

It was funny because while I was a mess in that Knicks/Heat game last night the CPU was awesome offensively (they def had an unfair/unrealistic advantage defensively) and didn't rush a single shot. They only took 9 threes the whole game and worked the ball well, mixed with isos, sets and fastbreaks. It was awesome to see, huge improvement from pre-patch. DWade was absurd, had 39 pts, 12 reb and 8 ast. 18-33 from the field.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #830
Rookie

Nines's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm also in the camp that thinks the patch is has made the game better. With default DNA the game is simply a ton of fun. However, the moment I downloaded Dynamic DNA everything seemed to take a turn for the worse. Not so much the core game, but the players were acting all weird, and doing things completely out of character. I'll just hold that to the DNA still being in its infancy relative to the patch.

The two major gripes I had have been resolved... namely, rebounding and foul calls. I'm getting very realistic totals rebounding wise, and I'm getting to the line just as much as the CPU.

In short I'm lovin' the game again.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #831
RxB
Rookie

OVR: 3

Finally got the prompt to update with the patch on PS3. Just played one dynamic season game last night on PRO level and i think it's a lot better. I no longer have that animation where you drive to the basket and loose the basketball or get stripped/stolen. I think the controls are a lot better...i feel the controls were tighter like Live 09 tight...pre patch feels like i move and stop the direction stick and the player still moves..i played as the Spurs against Jazz and i think i never made any 3's despite player being open and Duncan couldn't hit the midrange jumper wide open..i felt like playing in Superstar where it was harder to score and i was in PRO level. It was only one game i played so need a lot more games and practice..

how is online on PS3? are the jack-up 3's that almost always go in still existent??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #832
Rookie

OVR: 6

Christ in a cartoon...when are they going to fix the stupid pixel looking hair on the PS3 version?!?!? All the white guys look completely ridiculous and it is getting old. How does this not seem like a big deal to the graphics devs that are running this game??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »