Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #801
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 out, PS3 JUST RELEASED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry
Sorry but all the games I've played so far since the patch have been a chuckfest from the computer. It's made me turn the game off a couple of times after unrealistic scoring, contested jumpers being made, and numerous amounts of shots in the first 5 seconds of the shotclock.

This game was much better pre-patch.
Did you D/L the latest rosters and then load them up pre game?

I am not experiencing the "5 seconds and chuck thing" at all. I played v San Antonio and they worked the shot clock perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #802
Rookie

BBallGuru's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahurachi

-Passing problem

Salmons passing the ball to Hinrich (Direct pass)

Why is it that high lob pass is not used in that kind of situation?
It's so annoying... High lob pass should be used in that kind of situation.

Is it possible to fix that in the upcoming 2nd & last patch?

Attempting to throw a corner-to-corner skip pass in a half-court situation with 3 defenders in the (lack of) passing lane? Even if it somehow got by Damp, Jet would still be in position pick it off.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #803
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm just glad the PS3 guys got it and see what i've been saying. There was no reason to be asking for no patch when it does so much right.

On 360 turning off the replay buffer eliminated freezing and the OT glitch can't creep up on you because it only happens if there is a goaltend call.

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 11-05-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #804
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
I'm just glad the PS3 guys got it and see what i've been saying. There was no reason to be asking for no patch when it does so much right.
I think us PS3 guys have just taken a huge leap...

I remember Da_Czar abd KDRE going on early about how good the game was on the 360...but then neither seemed to like the game on the PS3.

I've spoken to a friend of mine about it who loves the game on the 360 and hates it on the PS3.

Pre patch, I was starting to get to the "dislike" stage. The controls were so loose, every time you'd drive there'd be lost possesions, sometimes you'd post up and you'd slide two feet...and defensive sliding was terrible. These were the things he told me were "much better" on the 360.

I can now see where he was coming from. The PS3 version feels a lot tighter now and way less like a BETA.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #805
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru
Attempting to throw a corner-to-corner skip pass in a half-court situation with 3 defenders in the (lack of) passing lane? Even if it somehow got by Damp, Jet would still be in position pick it off.
You did not understand me... Yeah Terry would have probably (90%) get the ball & also that was a bad pass.

But my point is that why is the passing animation used in that situation not a high lob pass? What if Hinrich is wide open and Terry is not there?

Everytime I'm in that situation whether the ball receiver is wide open or not the passing animation that is use is not a high lob pass w/c results to a deflection by the defender in the passing lane w/c annoys me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #806
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the impressions about the PS3 post patch guys. I too thought the ps3 controls and gameplay was a bit loose currently and so I am really looking forward to downloading the patch.

Quick question, are alot of you guys playing on default sliders now or are you still using sets from the slider section? I have read quite a bit in relation to people going back to default and if this is good I will give it a go.

I am using L4D's on pro and will play with these post patch to see how it goes. Just curious to see how many people are playing on default all-star etc.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #807
Rookie

BBallGuru's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
You did not understand me... Yeah Terry would have probably (90%) get the ball & also that was a bad pass.

But my point is that why is the passing animation used in that situation not a high lob pass? What if Hinrich is wide open and Terry is not there?

Everytime I'm in that situation whether the ball receiver is wide open or not the passing animation that is use is not a high lob pass w/c results to a deflection by the defender in the passing lane w/c annoys me.
So you want to throw a 50-foot long, straight line high lob pass, with one help defender (Damp) roughly 17 feet away from your intended receiver (Hinrich) and in the passing lane? Still not happening; it would just give you a different way to throw a turnover. The amount of time the ball would be in the air would be more than enough for Dampier to make the couple of strides to pick it off.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #808
MVP

OVR: 10

No lob pass in the game. You wish there was. Got it. Let's move on.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »