Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #793
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 out, PS3 JUST RELEASED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Great impressions Ehh...that'sa hell of a good post above

Side note: Just so that we get this out of the road...ALL of the 360 bugs and glitches ARE in the PS3 version.

Freezing...O/T...all of them.

I've had that confirmed directly from the EA team.

So...there's no point anyone going on about them here. They are all there.

And they will be patched.

So, there's no need for anyone to get too angry or stressed now as we know they are fixing it.

CV....

Can you please explain exactly what the OT glitch is again ???

When goaltending is called....no points are awarded on the scoreboard but the game has really counted for it ??

For example.....I'm playing online I'm losing 52-50...the game ends....on one of my scored baskets goaltending was called.....so really the game is 52-52, eventhough the scoreboard says 52-50 and the game will go to OT ???

Does that make sense ???

Or if the the exact same scenario took place but the score was 52-52....the game wouldn't go to OT, i would get the win ???
Old 11-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #794
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
CV....
Can you please explain exactly what the OT glitch is again ???
If you're tied it won't go into OT, if it's a one point game in either direction it will.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #795
Banned

OVR: 17

Meh, I've played 20+ 12 min games and seen 2 glitches. This is pre-patch.

Live 10 is the best bball game out there and ANY improvements overall just add icing to the cake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #796
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50

Live 10 is the best bball game out there and ANY improvements overall just add icing to the cake.
Icing on the cake is a pretty big understatement, the patch makes a big difference.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #797
Rookie

BlackBerry's Arena

OVR: 4

Sorry but all the games I've played so far since the patch have been a chuckfest from the computer. It's made me turn the game off a couple of times after unrealistic scoring, contested jumpers being made, and numerous amounts of shots in the first 5 seconds of the shotclock.

This game was much better pre-patch.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #798
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Who are you trying to pass to in this situation? Either guy on the weak side is in no position to receive a skip pass. You shouldn't be attempting that pass regardless.
Ok that's a bad pass I have to admit... But the thing is that every time I do that kind of pass (side to side pass & one of my guy is wide open outside the arc) the pass animation that is being used is not a high lob pass w/c results to a deflection from the defender who is in the middle). As you can see in the video dampier got a hand of the ball. I would have not complain if terry is the one who've swatted the ball. If only a high lob pass was used in that situation then dampier should have not swatted the ball. In NBA when passing the ball from side to side (outside the arc to outside the arc), most of the time they used a high lob pass and then the receiver jumps to catch the ball (happens in Live 10 but only if u use the alley op button).

Also while in bounding the ball from the sideline or baseline. High lob pass is not used while the in bounder passes the ball to a teammate who is far away from him w/c results sometimes to a deflection by the defender (not guarding the ball receiver & is far from the ball receiver but standing in the middle of the passing direction of the ball from the in bounder to the ball receiver) .

High lob pass should be used most of the time when passing the ball to a teammate who is far from the ball passer (and then there are some defenders in the middle) regardless the player is wide open or guarded.

Last edited by mahurachi; 11-05-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #799
Pro

OVR: 10

Blackberry that means you have to play another level up. All Star mode is perfect basketball to me. I haven't really tried Superstar post patch but pre patch it was a little to methodical for my liking.

One thing I will say is this game needs more animations for diff situations. It would make it near perfect. Jumping the lane steals, instead of the silly hand wobble that plays more often than the one already in. None the less, the game is fun. Next yr should be even better.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #800
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50

Admiral, the glitches are in the patch mate. I.e. the freezing, overtime bug, some AI errors at game's end, goaltending not counting etc are all in the patch. They are not there out of the box.

They are fixing it though...so it's all good.

Post patch gameplay improvements = signficant. Much better controls, rebounding etc etc.

The patch is a big step forward...(As long as the glitches are patched later)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »