Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #769
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 Patch Only, PS3 to Follow)

Knicks (me) vs Thunder - Default All-Star 12 minutes

Both teams shot a lot of jumpers, lost when I missed a buzzer beater with Hughes.

98/99
41.9%/40.8%
39-93/42-103
6-18/3-17
14-18/12-14
REB: 54-52
AST: 22-31
BLK: 2-5
STL: 5-6
TO: 20-12 (first All-Star game in a while, had some bad passes on poor angles)
FOULS: 11-11 (still a little low in terms of a # but nothing in-game looked bad)

Gallinari had 32 pts on 4-9 from 3 to lead me. Lee had 14 & 15, Harrington had 17 & 10 and Duhon had 8 & 11. Chandler had 14-4-3.

Jeff Green had 38 & 10 (destroyed Gallinari) and Durant had 32 but on 14-41 shooting, 1-10 from deep. Perhaps cause it was his DNA from the Lakers game when he shot like pooh? Westbrook had 14 dimes.

With the quick shots 12 min quarters may be a tad long, perhaps 11 is better if your a stat freak until the 2nd patch.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #770
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
You do realize the patch came out this morning for PS3, right?
Ohh...really, i honestly didn't know that being that I'm at school currently, its about time though, I just don't understand why we get these things so late. I already have a million impressions of the patch and none of them are mines and the same goes for the demos, by time I got my hands on the demo...I wasn't even as excited being that I had seen dozens of videos of the demo on youtube.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #771
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23
Thanks ehh I will try when I get home. Any tips on how to defend in the paint without fouling the cpu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #772
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Knicks (me) vs Thunder - Default All-Star 12 minutes

Both teams shot a lot of jumpers, lost when I missed a buzzer beater with Hughes.

98/99
41.9%/40.8%
39-93/42-103
6-18/3-17
14-18/12-14
REB: 54-52
AST: 22-31
BLK: 2-5
STL: 5-6
TO: 20-12 (first All-Star game in a while, had some bad passes on poor angles)
FOULS: 11-11 (still a little low in terms of a # but nothing in-game looked bad)

Gallinari had 32 pts on 4-9 from 3 to lead me. Lee had 14 & 15, Harrington had 17 & 10 and Duhon had 8 & 11. Chandler had 14-4-3.

Jeff Green had 38 & 10 (destroyed Gallinari) and Durant had 32 but on 14-41 shooting, 1-10 from deep. Perhaps cause it was his DNA from the Lakers game when he shot like pooh? Westbrook had 14 dimes.

With the quick shots 12 min quarters may be a tad long, perhaps 11 is better if your a stat freak until the 2nd patch.
Thanks man. I appreciate.

It's seems the early shooting is pretty significant, since the CPU chucked up 104 FGA despite being on the line 14 times.
Speaking of fouls. Did you chance any foul sliders, since 11 is still pretty low. However good to see rebounding and fouls on an equal level.

Well be glad you didn't get fouled to just make one FT...the next NBA tie...

I am not sure to download it yet. Can I choose which patch to delet in the menu? Since they already have released a patch before official game release. I afraid I won't be able to go back to release patch...Moreover I want to play Dynamic Season...probably cannot do that either without the new patch...
Old 11-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #773
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360 out, PS3 JUST RELEASED)

To be honest mate I dont know why you would not download this patch, it really does make the gameplay better. If you're worried about a lack of ft's then sticking with the old patch is only going to make it worse. There will be some quick shots every now and then but it is nowhere near a gamebreaking problem. Simply put, the game is much better with the new patch.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #774
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

No, I didn't touch the foul sliders, everything was at default. I'll play around with that later tonight. The good thing related to fouls/play in the paint is that 90% of the time I saw an ugly collision animation there was a foul.

Also, I spent so long looking at the post game stats it didn't even dawn on me that I got the OT glitch. Hate to say it but it's def there on PS3. I kept pressing circle expecting to back out to the Top Replays/Game Stats menu and instead it went to the tip off for OT with me trailing 99-98. Bad news EA, you guys gotta get this fixed ASAP. This patch is the bomb for the most part outside of this glitch and some quick CPU shooting. If they correct those in the 2nd patch then this game will be absolutely amazing vs the CPU.

Here are some vids, a few of these are just for you CV!

#1 really shows the CPU's increase in aggressiveness and ability to read the defense, plus push the ball. Westbrook takes the in bounds pass and pushes it up the floor. Notice...

1) Westbrook is running up the court for the inbounds pass, he's no longer sitting near the FT line patiently waiting, he's on the move to push the ball. This didn't happen pre-patch but it was included in the tempo feature in NCAA '09 - looks like EA corrected it in Live.

2) Westbrook gets to the top of the key, where he has an open lane to the hoop. He hesitates for a split second and then takes advantage of the lane and goes in for a lay up. Pre-patch he sits at the top of the key, waits for his teammates to come down and then runs a set play. This is a huge improvement and awesome to see.

#2 is Jeff Green with a nasty block on an alley oop layup attempt by Harrington. Notice the timing is way better and he gets all of the ball, no phantom blocks anymore. After Durant recovers the loose ball he has one goal in mind, push the ball and get to the hoop. Granted we see an ugly collision animation on KD's shot (yes, they're still there from time to time) it's important to see the CPU's urgency to take advantage of fastbreak opportunities.

#3 Pretty simple, OKC pushes the ball after a defensive rebound and hit Jeff Green for a fastbreak dunk. Again, the CPU is attacking and looking for openings, not mozying around waiting to run set plays all the time. Big improvement is also in Westbrook advancing the ball up quickly by passing to Sefelosha or whoever that is near the mid court line who then also looks up the court to find the streaking Green. CPU's awareness is so much better.

#4 - More CPU aggressiveness, this time off a regular inbounds pass after a time out. Westbrook pushes it a little bit and hits KD on the wing who has Gallinari (prob the worst defender in the NBA) and blows right by him while DLee is too slow to provide much help and KD throws down a nasty one. Gallinari got roasted the entire game.

#5 One more nice CPU block, Etan Thomas comes over and denies Larry Hughes after a handoff. The timing is good and Thomas gets all of the ball, again no magical blocks. Good help D too, basic rotation that happens at a realistic speed.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 11-05-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #775
Rookie

OVR: 6

Probably a stupid question, but I'm guessing you DON'T have to restart/replay your Dynamic Season games, right? All future games should have the patch fixes applied. Is this correct or do I need to delete some files somewhere?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #776
MVP

OVR: 11

ehh, are u the new "The Czar of the Telestrator"? lol

btw, no one can escape the OT glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »