Home

NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch Impressions (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #41
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Patch 1 Impressions (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
is the cpu still ignoring your subs?
it would help me if you were a bit more specific as I may not have encountered or notice what was bothering you. In what instance weren't your subs working ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

what about be a pro ? any change ?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414

So far though I am not noticing any difference in game play...No long rebounds at all....Center and Power Forward still grab 15-20 Rebounds on 10min All-Star....Guards are grabbing none.
this has never been a problem for me. I have played at least 30 games and not once is my Center/PF that dominant. Heck - last night I had 4 rebounds with little Nate Robinson. Maybe you have the Canadian version of Live 10?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #44
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Just got finished playing a game and couldn't even finish. It's virtually impossible to stay with someone as the force field still exist.

For some reason the calling for a pick is crazy now as the guy I'm asking to set a pick for me is setting picks on everyone else other than the guy that's guarding me and to add to the the guy that's checking me can stick to me like glue so when the guy I asked to set the pick for me finally does come over and set it on the guy that's defending me I can't move cause the defender is stuck to me. I had no problems with the way P&R's was done originally.

For some reason the jumpshots take forever and a day now. My timing is completely off now.

Alleys are still not fixed as they continue to go to the wrong guy, this gives the user the ability to sit in zones all game long. If a guy is standing right next to the basket with nobody covering him I should be able to get the ball to him for an easy 2. I did notice Brown missed 2 alley dunks that I was able to get to him, so I'm guessing they added missed dunks.

Still no fatigue for online play. Let me repeat that folks, still NO FATIGUE FOR ONLINE PLAY. That's sad man. I have no other words for it.

Things I did like though, 3pt's seem to be toned down now as the guy I was playing was using the Cavs and Mo was putting up bricks from beyond the line.

Rebounding seems to be more fluid now, could be better but seems like they did some work to it.

No more bouncing up and down back down the court, saw different animations after player scored the ball.

Can fast inbound now as I was unable to do so before. They guy that was inbounding always had to go to a certain spot before he inbounded the ball.

I really really hate the defense in this game, I pride myself on my defense but the seperation that's giving because of the force field just kills it for me. I mean the user can move anywhere with the offensive player but defensively your always trailing. I really had no problem with defense in Live 09 and felt like the elements to it were perfect, just needed some tweaks but what they have right now......I'll pass.

That along with no fatigue online, it's unplayable for me. Gotta shelf it. Good attempt and effort though, you can see the potential, just the game killers that killed it for me.

Enjoy.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
this has never been a problem for me. I have played at least 30 games and not once is my Center/PF that dominant. Heck - last night I had 4 rebounds with little Nate Robinson. Maybe you have the Canadian version of Live 10?
I assumed he was talking about simmed stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #46
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
The sim stats are not going to be patched, it can't be, so lets close the door on this. It hatred to patch then we think.
I agree that a sim engine would be very difficult and can not be fixed with a patch.

I know that EA Devs and produrcers come on this board a lot. I just want to keep making it an issue so that they may correct in future releases.

I think that Live has superior game play to any basketball game I have played. I am not noticing any real difference in game play but I thought the game play has always been solid.

About the rebounds....every game I play I can not grab boards with my guards....I am hearing that this is more of a me and my skill level problem.....I am also playing against the computer and not to many human opponents....I do notice I grab more boards against other people.

Back to the Patch...really not noticing anything but the game was pretty sweet to me anyway....Can't wait for Dynamic Season and I am pumped for our beloved NBA to kick off tommorrow!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Uptempo teams, definately try to get into their offense quicker.

However, for anyone (like me) who is looking for the fastbreak game to be MUCH improved via this patch...you will probably be VERY dissapointed.

Just finished a full game against the Sixers and the AI is still passing up on fast break opportunities to set up the halfcourt offense, very similar to pre-patch.

I'll play more games but, it's not looking good in regards to the fastbreak issue.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #48
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
I agree that a sim engine would be very difficult and can not be fixed with a patch.

I know that EA Devs and produrcers come on this board a lot. I just want to keep making it an issue so that they may correct in future releases.
Dont keep making it a issue, thats called spamming they know about it will eventually get corrected.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »