Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #329
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Just make sure you are connected to xboxlive and the ethernet you are hooking your 360 to has a working internet connection.

You don't have to be a gold xboxlive member for an update.

Do you also know every 360 has 3 free xboxlive gold member accounts you can create which last 1 month each?
I didn't know that, please fill me in on this.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #330
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm loving the way the patch list is looking. Now when i play my friends, they don't have to look at me crazy for loading up human vs human sliders.

Not too big a deal, but i hope they patched the trophy into the jerseys durring the finals.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:05 AM   #331
Rookie

OVR: 3

is there any way possible to add lobbys in a patch update? I just loved having lobbies to look at the person style of play and record before I play him. It's kind of weak imo to just enter a game never knowing if the player is cheese, sim good record etc.

But the patch looks great I was just wondering if any nba2k10 offical test member could let know if lobbies will be included anytime in the future? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #332
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Doesn't seem like it's practical to beta a sports game that's released on a yearly basis. And even if a company did... all they'd be doing is attempting to mimimize the number of problems a game has.
That's kind of what I was getting at, maybe these games shouldn't be "annual" releases. The business model has revolved around this annual release schedule and I tihnk it has done the gamer a disservice. As a comparison, I recently purchased Uncharted 2 and I consider that a quality product through and through...the original was released 2 years ago so essentially they had 2 years to work on the sequal. I haven't had a "Wow" moment in a sports game in years..I play Uncharted 2 and I am literally amazed every time I play it and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. Pefrect? no..Fun? yes.

Really for me, all of these sports titles are turning into yawn fests....it's the same thing every year but the only difference is it's just a different list of bugs/exploits. They're not making enough change or positive progress year to year to make things interesting. And the stuff they do add doesn't make the core gameplay any better hence imo being a complete waste of time because the gameplay is stale.

I downloaded the NBA 2k demo and was not impressed. Matter of fact it reminded of what I'm talking about and it convinced me not to purchase the game. Maybe I rent after they're done patching and give it another try? But the days of a blind purchase on release date for me are over.

Last edited by Radioactiveman; 10-24-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #333
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: patch details here

did they say anything about adding a post up button?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #334
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: patch details here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
did they say anything about adding a post up button?
Nope. It's really not that big of a deal IMO, though. The more you play, the more you get a feel for the auto-post up.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #335
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

I came home to some great news.

That list is awesome, should make the game even more enjoyable.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #336
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
That's kind of what I was getting at, maybe these games shouldn't be "annual" releases. The business model has revolved around this annual release schedule and I tihnk it has done the gamer a disservice. As a comparison, I recently purchased Uncharted 2 and I consider that a quality product through and through...the original was released 2 years ago so essentially they had 2 years to work on the sequal. I haven't had a "Wow" moment in a sports game in years..I play Uncharted 2 and I am literally amazed every time I play it and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. Pefrect? no..Fun? yes.
Well, to use your Uncharted to Uncharted 2 comparison... There were several years between those games. I think if you were to compare NBA2K10 directly to NBA2K7/8 you'd see a more noticeable difference also. Same with all sports titles imo. I'm no fan of the job Tiburon's done w/Madden, but there's going to be a noticeable difference comparing Madden 07 to Madden 10 long as the developer is somewhat competent. If Uncharted were to release every year, there'd be a much lesser discernible degree of improvement in that game - and to be honest it's not like Uncharted 2 is some reimagining of the series. It's an enhanced version of the first one.

I think these year to year releases have tons of under the hood improvements that aren't always immediately noticeable so they don't get the credit deserved for improving the games the way they do. I especially think that about 2K10 obviously because I think the game improved a ton in comparing one year's release to the next.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »