Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

I just want to add my thanks to the developers for fitting so much in this patch. While I wish this was all in at release, I appreciate that it is able to be patched and this ability is being taken advantage of by the development team. If all of the items in the patch list work properly, this has the potential to be a truly great sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #322
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Well, my one complaint about the patch was solved. Thanks 2K for listening to your customers and making My Player minutes customizable.

However, now I have to sit and wait and hope the PC patch is the same, or at least similar to, the console patches.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #323
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I take it you don't buy any sports games at all?

You should stop being so naive. This is the makeup of sports gaming today. You're not on some small message board; You're on the biggest dedicated board to sports gaming. You should really post as such.

Food for thought: Just because something wasn't listed in a "Patch info list" in ANY game does not mean something wasn't fixed.

Dessert: Had 2k not listed all those things, people would complain their communication is terrible.

These one liners are getting really old. They make this community look really bad. From someone who has been here since 2003, no less.
Look kid, The fact remains the same no matte what genre of games it is. This is thr only 2k I haven't picked up th first week of release. Why is that you ask? Because my friends told me that the game didn't seem finished. Didn't believe them so I went and played it, noticed some irritating things then they showed me most of the bugs that I ended up reading here. This wasn't a quality release plain and simple. I'm not saying it's like 2k4, that game just sucked. This wouldve prob been the best in the series had they just tested properly that's a fact. I hope this Patch fixes everything but this "well fix it later thru patch" attitude isn't a good thing for games in general.

Last edited by BOSsTOwN; 10-23-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #324
Rookie

OVR: 5

still no PS3 custom soundtrack?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #325
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
I hope this Patch fixes everything but this "well fix it later thru patch" attitude isn't a good thing for games in general.
I agree...I won't buy a sports game anymore until it is patched. I mean I never had that attitude but I don't think these companies are giving themselves enough time to work out the problems cuz the "other company" will get an advantage if their game is on the market and yours isn't.

Right now I'm still deciding whether or not to even buy this game based on the reposnse people have to the patch, and as another example, I don't even play my copy of Madden (the last pre-patch purchase I made) because I'm waiting for the patch...

Perhaps they should "beta" their games? Paticualry with sports titles because there are so many things that go into making a good sports simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #326
Rookie

OVR: 3

I kind of agree with what he said. I think 2K Sports rushed it this time making the game not as complete as it should've been. You don't have to be so rude as you've said, you are not on some small message board. Show respect to others who are entitled to their own opinions.

=================================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I take it you don't buy any sports games at all?

You should stop being so naive. This is the makeup of sports gaming today. You're not on some small message board; You're on the biggest dedicated board to sports gaming. You should really post as such.

Food for thought: Just because something wasn't listed in a "Patch info list" in ANY game does not mean something wasn't fixed.

Dessert: Had 2k not listed all those things, people would complain their communication is terrible.

These one liners are getting really old. They make this community look really bad. From someone who has been here since 2003, no less.
Houston Rockets
Boston College Eagles
Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #327
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman

Perhaps they should "beta" their games? Paticualry with sports titles because there are so many things that go into making a good sports simulation.
Doesn't seem like it's practical to beta a sports game that's released on a yearly basis. And even if a company did... all they'd be doing is attempting to mimimize the number of problems a game has. There would still be people complaining that this or that isn't what it should be.

One problem I have with the community is some people aren't capable of articulating a view so they go to an extreme - it's ridiculous to see so many people casually throw around the terms "unplayable" or "broken". Nor should all games be grouped together when it comes to patching, although pretty much every game is patched nowadays. We should be thankful that game experiences can be improved with the technology available. Yet somehow it's being made out to be a bad thing.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #328
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by csh1229
I kind of agree with what he said. I think 2K Sports rushed it this time making the game not as complete as it should've been. You don't have to be so rude as you've said, you are not on some small message board. Show respect to others who are entitled to their own opinions.

=================================================
Agreed. Pared, I enjoy reading your opinions and appreciate what u contribute to this community but that seemed a little offside. Every one has the right to say what they want that's what os is here for. If you don't like someones opinion it seems like ignoring it instead of flaming it would be more suitable. I just think ur better than that dude.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »