Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #273
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Details Announced PS3/360 (Updated 10/22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Wow. I don't even want to try and find out. The updated list gets posted and we see "but what about this?" posts. Reminds me of the sweet 16 shows where a kid gets a Lexus and they wanted a Mercedes only to throw a tantrum.

I'm not trying to belittle your point, but good grief fellas. I'll see what I can find out.

*grumble*
Thanks Scoop
Old 10-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #274
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNgIeS
Other than the fact 5 or so players average over 30 points and Ben Wallace wins Defensive Player of the year in 2009-2010 season. and ohh im sure plenty of others (something i saw on Rashidi's site)
thatīs a roster issue, not a problem with the sim engine which is incredibly solid for a action-game (as opposed to a text sim game like DDSPB or Football manager for soccer) so unless the "2K Insider" (or the team behing the entity) buckles up you should take a look at a couple Rosters.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #275
Pro

OVR: 9

^^Also, check how many minutes the players are playing in your association. I have seen players with 41-42 minutes a game and I had to lower their minutes. Realistically, Dwade averaged the highest amount of minutes a game last season and that was around 38 min a game.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #276
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
^^Also, check how many minutes the players are playing in your association. I have seen players with 41-42 minutes a game and I had to lower their minutes. Realistically, Dwade averaged the highest amount of minutes a game last season and that was around 38 min a game.
maybe change the sim minutes to 10 or 11 and that should fix the stats being high.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 10-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #277
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Great job 2k! I am completely satisfied! Feel like a kid at Christmas. Why can't other game companies take care of their customers like this?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #278
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
maybe change the sim minutes to 10 or 11 and that should fix the stats being high.
which screws up all non-star and team stats royally though. The problem is that the balance isnīt good, not that thereīs too many Points (or rebounds or whatever) generated on a game to game basis.
Role players have too low a shot tendency (and the stars maybe a bit too much) and guards too low a rebounding ability.

Take a shot at Nogsters Roster or others and youīll be fine. Also going forward as the Rookies created are actually more balanced than the existing group of players thus changing a few things in the default scheme (shot tendency lower for upp half and higher for lower half of the players, rebounds higher for guards) doesnīt screw anything up longterm.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #279
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Excellent post tbarney.

I'd like to make a few points

1. Let's be thankful the game is so customisable. We can change it to how we want. I got this game and saw teams bury 20 3s on me. Now I see them driving at the rim and breaking me down off the dribble.

2. Some of the complaints are just garbage. This isnt noticeable on OS, but I swear the average age of the official 2K board is about 15.

3. Patches are pretty new. The notion that a game is dynamic is still amazing to me. Growing up, the game was what it was when you took it out of the box.
I have to correct tbarney though: based on what we know AT LEAST about 2K, those guys work MORE than a 10 hour day. Some dudes sleep at the office. Some are there every minute and only go home to sleep and get cleaned up. This is common in the games industry.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #280
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Fantastic. I think they made the right decision.
I don't know about it being the "right" decision for the game. it's just the popular choice and it would seem that they are listening to the vocal community against their own judgment. No one can complain about that I guess. If the user wants to "break" his/her game, why not let them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »