Home

NBA Live 10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #65
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 10 Review

totally fair review guys. Thanks for the love OS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #66
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Accurate review, nice and fair.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #67
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Nice, balanced review.

I'm having a blast with this game.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #68
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Solid review. Once the live series adds in a detailed online league system, and be a pro season mode etc... the ratings will be higher into the 9's.

The lack of features is whats holding down the score right now. The gameplay foundation is there its just to fine tweak now and add on the mustard.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #69
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought the review was fair. Live would get a better score if they had done more with Dynasty. I respectfully disagree with Court Vision on his opinion of Live's defense, but the post game does need a "little" work. I'm loving this game! This is the first basketball game where I have felt that speed and athleticism make a difference in the half court sets without catch up defense or sliding.
I don't think every player has the same dribble moves. While the move packages are the same, not everyone can do them. I don't know how star players have unique "packages" that no one else has. Maybe I'm being a tad ignorant, but in real life it isn't that players have different moves, it's their dribbling skill and the speed and momentum at which they do those moves. Maybe the critique is that each player doesn't have a particular animation package, but I think the control is what makes Live, Live.
Like others have said, all of the criticism is based on opinion for the most part and the reviewer did a great job staying above that. IMO this is the most sim game I've played to date.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Solid review. Once the live series adds in a detailed online league system, and be a pro season mode etc... the ratings will be higher into the 9's.

The lack of features is whats holding down the score right now. The gameplay foundation is there its just to fine tweak now and add on the mustard.
Totally agree.

Dynasty needs to be majorly improved and the online modes needs to get up to par with some of EA's other games (NCAA, NHL) before Live becomes a "9" or higher game.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4
8 is a very fair score. Whoever said it deserves a 9.5 is a moron. The CPU steals the ball too much. The ball goes through people and has weird physics. Live Run is stupid because every person just hogs the ball. Low post offense is so stale and the announcing is absolutely terrible. There are too many problems in this game for it to get a 9.5. I will say that Live is making some serious progress. (Only because of Mike Wang) This is just another bad year for basketball fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 15
Any basketball game with Generic Post Moves For EVERY Big Man says it all about live yall have fun with that 2K10 is still the champ till EA notices there are guys like Boozer, Yao, K.G. etc... with post moves cant buy a basketball game and try to play that as a sim. No matter how yall Live players spin it a generic post game=not a true sim how you gonna have signature shots and moves but then guys with those post moves cant do them? So closw but no cigar maybe next year NBA Live truly goes for it ALL!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »