Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Roundtable within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
At first I liked the Live demo more, but now I'm starting to like the 2K demo more. A big thing for me between the two is blocked shots. I feel like I can actually protect the paint in 2K10. In Live 10 I just feel like my defenders are flying towards whatever direction they're facing, opposed to the ball. Another thing I'm really enjoying in 2K are their post-moves. You can really get some nasty moves going while there are only generic spins and power moves in Live (excluding fade-aways, which both games have (I'd have to say I like 2K's more)). But I do like the play-calling and equipment of Live 10 MUCH more than 2K10. This will be one tough decision.
I'm having no problems protecting the paint in the demo. I'm using the magic every game though starting Gortat with D.Howard. I'm owning the cpu inside on allstar and superstar. I agree with your other points though, especially the post game. 2k's post game is way more advanced.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
Rookie

10yard-Fight's Arena

OVR: 15
after spending a good amount of time on lives demo last night i think ima get live first and later on pick up 2k
Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1
The live demo reminded me of NBA street on offense except without the 20 foot dunks.. It was very easy to make a jumpshot and I was on superstar difficulty. I didn't have to run a play to win the game, just gave the ball to Kobe and mainly hit mid range shots. I shot 77%. Thought maybe the Lakers were just too good, but then I did the same thing with Jameer Nelson because Fisher would play so far off him. It is much improved but just too easy to break your defender down. I played 2 players too and we scored in the 40's or more each game. Therefore, I do believe that it is leaning more towards the arcade side. It is really fun though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
At first I liked the Live demo more, but now I'm starting to like the 2K demo more. A big thing for me between the two is blocked shots. I feel like I can actually protect the paint in 2K10. In Live 10 I just feel like my defenders are flying towards whatever direction they're facing, opposed to the ball. Another thing I'm really enjoying in 2K are their post-moves. You can really get some nasty moves going while there are only generic spins and power moves in Live (excluding fade-aways, which both games have (I'd have to say I like 2K's more)). But I do like the play-calling and equipment of Live 10 MUCH more than 2K10. This will be one tough decision.
IMO, that's because the gameplay in 2k10 is heavily focused on inside play. The animations and gameplay elements around the basket are very well done for the most part, but the perimeter gameplay and defensive AI are trash.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #37
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

One of the funniest things I saw in the demo happened last night. I fended up launching a full court shot with Howard by accident and Marv Albert goes, "Has he lost it?!!!!!" The way he said it was so unexpected lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
One of the funniest things I saw in the demo happened last night. I fended up launching a full court shot with Howard by accident and Marv Albert goes, "Has he lost it?!!!!!" The way he said it was so unexpected lol.
haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »