Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Just be thankful you at least have 2 choices to make when buying a basketball game. I personally think the choice between 2k and Live is ridiculously obvious but who really cares. WHAT REALLY SUCKS is the fact that I can't bouce back and forth between my two fave sports. I hate that I can't play a few games of football and basketball because of a few ******* who can't take good competition.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
well besides the "pistons parade in june" comment i thought this article was good. the demo is a nice teaser for what we'll see on tuesday. only thing i wish was that they focus on defense one year,defense was so difficult in 2K9 and it still is.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
I must be one of the few people who played good-great defense in 2k9, I would stop All action in my lane, no dunks at all, and I used many teams. 2K always does right by me. Nice write up, but somethings sell themselves, NBA2K10 is that. Live has no defense, no spacing, all dunks all the time, how anyone would want that...live10 doesn't compete. And gamers with both games know it. Gameplay rules.
I agree I had excellent defense human and AI in 2k9. I also love isomotion. I am very good with Isomotion. I also love the demo. I am able to hold the opposing Offense with the Lakers or the Magic to some fairly realistic shot percentages. Isomotion is nothing more than just doing the actual dribble moves with the stick. I was a Live head until the 360 hit the market. It just feels so arcade, and it should be absolute cheeser heaven.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
this year it's 2K that'll win out in the battle of b-ball games, but next year could be very tight in terms of gameplay if these roundtables are anything to go by. 2K's My Player mode, assuming that it's implemented well, is a big selling point this season, which definitely gives it a further edge over Live.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #21
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
We all know that the retail version is better than the demo. I can't base my thoughts on it yet, because I think the demo is terrible, it just doesn't feel right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 9
Please listen to my comment! I have the actual game and played and speaking of a basketball fan THIS IS THE REALEST BBALL GAME EVER! The game has changed so much defensively and offensively and the graphics is sick in HDMI. They paid attention to the littlest detail... you can flop,walk the dog(roll the ball down court from out of bounds) ,Fake double teams, double block animation, better controlled isomotion, better playbooks. Intros are nice and you can customize your own music like 2k5. OMG i had a tear in my eye playing this game. And Kobe and Lebron is super sick!!!..........psssst......... U can lob it off the backboard to your teammate..(whistles) the facial animations are beautiful too. I cant wait for Live also...but i think both game are going to be good,,,,,i dont wanna compare em cause they both are different.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
A demo is a demo. To read all of these posts(this is a generalization i know) about huge complainers acting like it is the "END OF 2K" is amusing but... dumb, for a lack of better words. The demo is just a peek into what the game will really offer... and in no way is it a finished product. So for the bashers, you are like someone who critiques a painting before it is finished. Settle down and remember, these games are for fun.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4
nice article

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »