Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable

Playing a simple 2-3 defense stops most easy inside buckets, thats atleast what I've found.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Roundtable

Here's my take on the demo. This is from the standpoint of how I play, vs CPU.

NBA 2K10 has brought a great innovation, or at least returned to something basketball video games had at one time in the past, limited turbo. Turbo is a sprint, not the normal speed for players, and that's a big thing. It adds some strategy and excitement to the game.

More than any other major basketball title, 2K10 gives the human player the feeling that if he doesn't defend his man, that open man is getting the ball and scoring.

2K10 is the best major basketball title from the standpoint of fast breaks - as in they're in this game.

2K10 forces the player to use some strategy to stop the CPU from scoring inside.

I am most excited about My Player, but that's considering the issue with changing quarter lengths is addressed. If it's only 5 min quarters, I'm like the kid who got clothes in the 360 box for Christmas.

FG% is a major issue. It can be lowered with sliders, but with 2K9 lowering the sliders and FG% made it easier to beat the CPU.

It's a bit too easy to drive inside for a score. Players may feel like they have more weight than they had in 2K9, but not much more.

I can't wait for it to come out for PC about a week after the console version. If the folks at 2K get the Commish, THE voice of video games, an early PC copy, I'll post some videos from the PC game.

And I still have a question. EA still has the Madden Challenge and EA Sports Challenge (originally created by me, the Commish, BTW) with MLG. When will 2K get into the tournament game?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10
the only 3 thing good in 2k are the new turbo system i like that ,the team introductions and the music thats it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 04:03 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
well it's great that all the xbox360 users got the demo........guess all the ps3 users will just have to wait for the release day to play it......pfffft stupid!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
sorry for the whinge but whats the point of a demo if u get it after the retail version is out
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#109287322
sorry for the whinge but whats the point of a demo if u get it after the retail version is out
If you are assuming that everybody buys a game when it comes out, then you have a valid point. Without that assumption, then a demo will still act as a demo, regardless if it is delayed or not.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6
the 2k10 demo is trash...they would have been better served not putting a demo out.

Sure they improved the graphics and presentation...but its pretty much a prettier 2k9...all the same in game flaws are still there.

2K has gotten pretty damn complacent and miss Mike Wang big time.
there reign has the BBall king is about to be over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiasco87
Playing a simple 2-3 defense stops most easy inside buckets, thats atleast what I've found.
That and just staying in front of your man.... I like hearing about the different perspectives with these reviews/roundtables but I've honestly never had a problem with playing defense in 2k9. I control the man guarding the ball handler most of the time or switch between positions and rotate my man over manually. It is somewhat hard at first but once you get the muscle memory it should become second nature switching between 2-3 players in a few seconds to positions them in the correct area with your opponent driving the lane.

Maybe that's too hard for some people (it was for me at first) but since you technically can stop drives into the lane or people just going in for layups/dunks I don't see how it's a problem. Anyone who cares to learn can easily do so.

Now playing online via team up should be even easier because as long as you have a team set up that knows how to player b-ball (that's what my crew seems to be for) you don't even have to worry about switching between numerous players to play D seeing as how your user controlled teammates can do it for you.

I thought being able to switch between multiple defenders and position them before the cut man can make it to the rim was something that was common place amongst b-ball gamers, seeing as how the AI doesn't rotate correctly for you I thought this was a work a round that people used regularly, but I guess I was wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »