Home

NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #217
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces

did you see carmelo, jr smith, lebron, elton brand, and all the others with SPOT ON faces?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Looking at the small screens made them look bad for some reason... I wasn't impressed at all until I blew them into the full-resolution. Something about the smaller size makes their heads look even weirder (beyond the leaning forward and the camera, as has been mentioned).

So if you are just looking at the pages of screens, go into the full-size ones and take a 2nd look. I was thinking that none of the Nuggets really looked good (despite having already seen the Melo model) until I looked at the full size ones, and now all of them aside from K-Mart (looks too young, not enough 5 o'clock shadow, face is a little thin) look great IMO.
I did this and I think you're 100% correct.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #219
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
A little harsh .... It is not as easy as you think it might be. I am a artist and everyone i do is not perfect. But your numbers are a little inflated they are not that bad or as you will say horrific.
Some of you folks need to get over yourselves. NONE of these are perfect or horrific. The superlatives fly like crazy here. Then there's the popping off about which game does them better. Well considering each games uses different tech, how can any definitively say one is "better" than the other. 2K hair is bad. Live head shapes are bad. 2K skin and shadows are great. Live details and metrics are great. Comparing these to other games and real life is absolutely valid. But come on; any declaration of which is better is pure nonsense... BS actually. I'm pretty sure you can come up with side by sides that prove a case for both games. So just STOP it now.

From where I stand, if Live just fix the shape of the heads and bring back the skin shaders from Live 06/07, I'd be happy. 2K NEEDS to throw away the hair. They made great strides in the white skin (FINALLY), but the hair needs work. That's my 2 cents.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 8

This isn't supposed to be Ariza is it?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #221
MVP

OVR: 24

After enough side by side comparisons between both games, all I can say is WOW-about Live 10. 2K may have a few, over Live. But, IMO, most of Live's faces are scary good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »