Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #609
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
This demo is crap compared to the retail game. Trust me.
PM me bro
Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #610
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
For OS people having already played the retail version: Could you play some games with the demo for let us know if there is any SIGNIFICANT difference in the gameplay (i.e. player movement and animations, help D, isomotion, etc.) between demo and the retail version?
Thanks in advance
I was a little dissapointed with the demo, but the retail version plays alot more like the combine.

There are a ton of contextual movement animations that aren't in the deom, which makes the players feel alot heavier. Seems like they tuned the demo to reclaim some love after all of our gushing about Live's free and easy movement, so moving around doesn't look or feel as fluid as the retail. There are more escape dribbles, and non iso dribble moves that can kick in just from moving around. I was KILLING my friend with Baron's handles.

I've lowered the speed down to 40 for my SP games, which gives it a little more of the sluggishness and "weighty" feel I liked better in 2K8.

Also, the defense is alot, and I mean ALOT better than in the demo. If you play a good mix of on and off ball D, you can really limit an opponent. Dropping passes off to cutters in the lane is still too easy though. We played on HOF, and there were still alot fewer plays made by off ball defenders. This is one thins I liked alot better in the combine as alot of those lane passes were kickballs. The toned the kickball and off-ball auto-positioning thing way down from the DC.

Used the Clipps in my very first game...funny, Griffen felt like a rook with limited moves, but they were effective. He had an open lane on one play and I thought we'd see some nasty showtime stuff from the kid, but he ended up doing a simple 2 hander. Really love this so far.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #611
MVP

OVR: 19

^^^ good to hear your impression bro. can you also tell us about how the CPU plays in HOF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #612
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Took the plastic off this game about an hour ago!! For those who actually planned on enjoying the game but was dissapointed with the demo....your doing yourself a disservice by not giving this a rent ar least...demo does it no justice...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #613
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Took the plastic off this game about an hour ago!! For those who actually planned on enjoying the game but was dissapointed with the demo....your doing yourself a disservice by not giving this a rent ar least...demo does it no justice...
please tell us your impressions here in OS. hopefully you can play HOF against AI and tell us your experience. thanks.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #614
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
^^^ good to hear your impression bro. can you also tell us about how the CPU plays in HOF?
We were playing 2 players and as usual you can hardly hit any jumpshots in HOF, so we both struggled big time from the floor. Oops are also toned down quite a bit on HOF...my buddy and I tried several to no avail. Ironically though, I tossed my only one to Eric Gordon accidentally, which actually got my momentum going down the stretch and got me the win.

The help defense comes so fast in this game. The times they don't help are what alot of OS'rs will focus on, but so far in my experience the ratio is about 80/20 help correctly vs. no help. If Mo gets burnt by even a little Shaq steps up in a heartbeat.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #615
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

24, hit my PM box man. You already know what the deal is? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #616
Rookie

Mayo32's Arena

OVR: 10
does any1 know when this will be coming to ps3? i would love to try out the demo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »