Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #601
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Is this still only available for XBox Gold Members? Can Silver get it yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #602
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

two things standout.

It's polished

then it's not polished enough...
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #603
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I -enjoyed- the 2K10 demo, no doubt about that. It's what 2K9 should have been, save for some issues that have already been mentioned by others. However, I must say that I'm quite tired of this engine.

I've played every iteration of NBA 2K since 2K4, plus the CH games from 2K6 onwards, and honestly, 2K10 doesn't have that fresh feel. Not at all.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #604
MVP

OVR: 15

One thing i've noticed which has probably already been brought up is players are using their left had way too much on layups and in the paint.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #605
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Quick impressions:

(+) The closeup graphics are a thing to behold. The skin textures they picked for this game are quite incredible. I am a bit disappointed that the graphics don't seem to stand out as much during the actual gameplay though.

(+) I love how the CPU plays a lot like a human. They were great at finding the open man and even passing out of a contested layup when they sensed the double team. REALLY caught me off guard just how human-like they play when they see a wide open man. Its also great to see players play like themselves; I loved watching kobe post his man regularly around the perimeter and try to get his fadeaway off.

(+) The emotion in the player faces is quite natural, and although it can sometimes make the players look a bit weird (and inaccurate in resemblance) overall it is a really nice touch.

(+) Finally saw some actual help defense. It was something that I didnt' necessarily see after the first couple play-throughs of the demo, but after a good deal of games I started to notice it more.

(-) I still see a bit too much sliding/mario running for my tastes. It appears that 2K decided to compensate in order to improve the overall smoothness of the animations. The animations are definitely some of the smoothest I've seen in a basketball game, but it comes at the expense of some very obvious sliding which can take a bit away from the immersion of the game.

(-) Still way too many successful errant passes. It may have something to do with the diffculty setting (anyone know what it is?), but I was disappointed to see so many bad passes being pulled off and not being tipped/intercepted by the defense. I want to see the CPU make me pay greatly for making such careless throws and I still dont' see enough of it, which brings me to my next issue:

(-) Still too many PITP. Because the CPU defense doesn't make you pay enough for errant passes and/or dribbling too much in the paint, you're given way too much leeway in the paint to do most of your scoring damage. This results in very high team FG%s that once again seem like they will be a big problem like previous iterations. We shouldn't have to do such extensive (and creative) slider settings in order to stop both our teams from shooting well over 50% from the field every game.

(-) This may be a minor nit-pick, but I still believe 2K should think about overhauling their uniform models next year. The player models in general are fine and in good proportion, but the way the jersey models in particular are modeled makes the players look a bit too boxy/bloated. Also, the way the jerseys move can be a bit unnatural and give off a foily/paper-like constitution.
Excellent impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #606
Pro

OVR: 9

I am enjoying the demo, but a few issues have reared their ugly head:

is it me or are the passes really floaty this year? They need to be much more crisp.

The control is much tighter, but still has some weird sliding that makes it easy to get to the hole at times.

The game feels more "quirky" than I remember in years past. I hope the final build is more find tuned.

I can't wait to pick up 2k10 and live on release day. Let the most SIM game win!

Also, has anyone played online? Have any impressions to share?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #607
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

This demo is crap compared to the retail game. Trust me.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #608
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
This demo is crap compared to the retail game. Trust me.
do you already have a retail copy sir?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »