Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #585
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03

* Too many offensive rebounds? Even I had good box out on D12, he stil gets the ball..(this is huge issue for me in 2k9)
2k has never handled rebounding to my liking. I only go back to 2k6, but it's been a problem every release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #586
MVP

OVR: 11

Quick impressions:

(+) The closeup graphics are a thing to behold. The skin textures they picked for this game are quite incredible. I am a bit disappointed that the graphics don't seem to stand out as much during the actual gameplay though.

(+) I love how the CPU plays a lot like a human. They were great at finding the open man and even passing out of a contested layup when they sensed the double team. REALLY caught me off guard just how human-like they play when they see a wide open man. Its also great to see players play like themselves; I loved watching kobe post his man regularly around the perimeter and try to get his fadeaway off.

(+) The emotion in the player faces is quite natural, and although it can sometimes make the players look a bit weird (and inaccurate in resemblance) overall it is a really nice touch.

(+) Finally saw some actual help defense. It was something that I didnt' necessarily see after the first couple play-throughs of the demo, but after a good deal of games I started to notice it more.

(-) I still see a bit too much sliding/mario running for my tastes. It appears that 2K decided to compensate in order to improve the overall smoothness of the animations. The animations are definitely some of the smoothest I've seen in a basketball game, but it comes at the expense of some very obvious sliding which can take a bit away from the immersion of the game.

(-) Still way too many successful errant passes. It may have something to do with the diffculty setting (anyone know what it is?), but I was disappointed to see so many bad passes being pulled off and not being tipped/intercepted by the defense. I want to see the CPU make me pay greatly for making such careless throws and I still dont' see enough of it, which brings me to my next issue:

(-) Still too many PITP. Because the CPU defense doesn't make you pay enough for errant passes and/or dribbling too much in the paint, you're given way too much leeway in the paint to do most of your scoring damage. This results in very high team FG%s that once again seem like they will be a big problem like previous iterations. We shouldn't have to do such extensive (and creative) slider settings in order to stop both our teams from shooting well over 50% from the field every game.

(-) This may be a minor nit-pick, but I still believe 2K should think about overhauling their uniform models next year. The player models in general are fine and in good proportion, but the way the jersey models in particular are modeled makes the players look a bit too boxy/bloated. Also, the way the jerseys move can be a bit unnatural and give off a foily/paper-like constitution.

Last edited by NumberOneRB; 09-30-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #587
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobo24
- Little bit more difficult to get paint points if congested w/ bigs. This allows cheesing to be more toned down.

- Post moves have changed, right stick is used for faking which way you want to go I believe.

- Stealing is harder just a bit, trying to anticipate passes but missed alot. I just need to get the timing down.

- Putback dunks occur more during the demo.

- Nelson was lobbing to D12 alot during the demo.

- There were a couple of block animations that were nice, I was on a breakaway with VC and I had to change my shot because Fisher came in and helped then all of the sudden, Kobe came in out of nowhere and swatted the ball out of bounds.

- Bynum's vertical is like 2 inches, barely gets off the ground for a dunk.

- Gasol will screen alot, like in real life.

Probably forgetting more, but goodnight for now.
Well...

Jameer does lob alot to DH12 in real-life. I've been a Magic season ticket holder for 8 years now and I can tell you that Jameer looks to him for a lob atleast 3 times a quarter depending on their oponent(Bynum has no ups). So on that aspect its 100% accurate.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #588
Rookie

OVR: 0
anyone know how the lean into foul works(the one dwade loves doing) because i get it to work everytime whenever the computer jumps. And that was a huge problem in the later ages of 2k9 ! Im mean really that was really a game breaker
Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #589
Pro

OVR: 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZGTLpl5H28

1:40 - 2:00

!!!!

PSN better get this tomorrow night!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #590
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

You can't call plays in the demo.

Can't stress that enough. Without being able to make coaching adjustments or call plays, a lot of the spacing and rotations you see are due to the lack of settings in this really small file. Less than half a gig. 300 megs of that is probably just the crowd

And for the rest of you....

I can't believe you're crying about the percentages of the CPU. It's so easy to stop them it's ridiculous. I had just pulled an all-nighter and was talking on XBL when I first tried it, but now that the game has my full coffee-powered attention, I held the CPU to 25% shooting. Easily.

I don't know what the hell kind of defense OS is playing, but some of the comments I've seen regarding both games are really off. The CPU in the 2k10 demo is not making ANY shots they shouldn't be making. Put a hand in their face and they'll miss the jumper. Get a body on Dwight and he won't dunk on you. Stay in front of your man and he won't get to the basket.

The cutting only happens when your teammate AI misses an assignment, but if you make some minor adjustments at the beginning of every play, they won't do that. I could be wrong, but I seriously feel a lot of the AI defense issues have to do with not having coaching/pressure settings. Or being able to call a zone for that matter, lol. Because we can't call plays in the demo.

See this is one of the few posts that actually makes sense when it comes to evaluating a demo. Most people will come here and read "Computer shoots too high a %" dude the D sucks", and a lot of readers will take it as gospel because intelligent posts like the one quoted above are drowned out. If you can't shut down the computer on this low level it ain't the game, you are just not good. Not to mention YOU CAN'T CALL PLAYS, so we don't how the D can adjust. It's like all the people complaining the computer shoots too good on Hall of Fame level or play Madden and complain the computer is completing a lot of passes on all-Madden lvl. If you don't have a basic understanding of how video game ratings work (as related to difficulty" you shouldn't be trying to drop knowledge.

It's a DEMO make sure you know what you are evaluating....

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 09-30-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #591
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Damm...

Between you and Will (WTF) not liking the demo much...I am officially starting to get a bit concerned.
I'm not liking it either and I'll show you why soon! Personally I can even play it without seeing 2k9. It's just too much like 2k9 if not exact! With DC's gameplay tweaks, too many alley-oops and 3 pointers. And the overall gameplay is just stale to me now!

The separation in differences over the years between 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9. Made those games in all respects better than the next. But when you play this 2k10, the appearance alone turns you away, it's just looks like 2k9.

But yeah I'm not diggin this demo or the game overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #592
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I'm not liking it either and I'll show you why soon! Personally I can even play it without seeing 2k9. It's just too much like 2k9 if not exact! With DC's gameplay tweaks, too many alley-oops and 3 pointers. And the overall gameplay is just stale to me now!

The separation in differences over the years between 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9. Made those games in all respects better than the next. But when you play this 2k10, the appearance alone turns you away, it's just looks like 2k9.

But yeah I'm not diggin this demo or the game overall.
See man, I'm not trying to call you out, but I saw you posting a few days ago on how the commentary sold you on the game and you were digging the improvements. Now you are saying you aren;t digging the demo or the game. so which is it? ARe you impressed with the commentary and hyped or are you not digging it. You seem to be torn between trying to keep it real (enjoying the game) or represent for the other squad (can't cay other game here).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »