Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Roundtable within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Roundtable

'court spacing seems off' - it's because of the cam angle..he should know better
Old 09-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 32

Good read!!! Good point of views.. They held no punches.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

To say Live isn't sim this year is to be in denial, simple as that. To me, both 2K10 and Live 10 are equally sim, and the best game will be determined by other factors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Christian McLeod: In addition, court spacing seems off, and I still do not like the game's rebounding and blocking animations. However, my biggest issue is that the game still feels very arcade-like, with success being determined by your ability to attack the paint even on the higher difficulty levels. I am looking forward to playing the final build with and against a team like the Pistons in order to see whether or not their dynamic style makes it possible to establish a solid mid-range game.
Couldn't disagree with that more.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #13
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Couldn't disagree with that more.

I feel the opposite of what he does. On higher difficulty levels, attacking the paint too often will result in numerous missed shots, not to mention blocks, even with star players like Kobe.

As a result, only a tiny minority of my points are scored in the paint. In my last game, out of the 16 points I scored, only 2 were points in the paint. I very much prefer taking shots from the perimeter.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Rookie

MrSimCity's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I agree with the guy St. Matthew-Daniel:

It still feels like a video game to me aswell because of the AI. They are lifeless. It might change next week but right now i thought these guys were honest with their opinion.
Lol you can just call me TD or Eagle

But yeah, sometimes the Retail version might be significantly better in terms of AI and such

Last edited by MrSimCity; 09-30-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmaster
To each his own, but some comments seem questionable to say the least, especially the one about the lack of mid-game and the game being more arcade than sim.
I've been playing 2K8-9 and Live 08 for the last 2 years and I can easily say that Live 10 shapes up to be the most realistic bball game I've ever played. Finally a game that relies more on mid-range shooting than on easy points in the paint and dunks every 2 seconds.
Agreed. The game even causes you to lose the ball, if trying to simply force your way into the paint.

Hey, fair is fair. And his comment just isn't true, at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The great thing about Live this year is how it actually punishes you for overdribblilng on All-Star difficulty and higher.

If you go around spamming the jukes, spins and crossovers, you will get ripped by the CPU or end up colliding with another player and losing the ball.

I also love how, if you try to go baseline and get cut off, you end up colliding with the CPU and lose the ball out of bounds. This is one of those cheese strategies that has worked way too well in all basketball games this generation, and it's awesome to finally see the baseline drive cheese go the way of the dinosaur.

As someone else mentioned, the best way to succeed on offense in Live is to run plays, and that is the first time I can truthfully say that about a basketball video game.

Hats off to the Live team for finally making a basketball game where the offense and defense are well-balanced instead of the glorified "HORSE" game we've been getting from both companies over the past couple of seasons.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-30-2009 at 07:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »