Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
2K10 is just like 2K9 as far as the ease of strolling into the paint to score, and the CPU doing nothing but cuts to the basket. Sure they throw it out for a jumper now and then, but not because they have to. They do it because that's what the script tells them to do.
And you know this because you wrote the code? .........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #562
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
2K10 is just like 2K9 as far as the ease of strolling into the paint to score, and the CPU doing nothing but cuts to the basket. Sure they throw it out for a jumper now and then, but not because they have to. They do it because that's what the script tells them to do.
Do you get the same sense as I do that the CPU offense isn't structured and they all run, essentially, the same backdoor, Princeton-style offense that every team ran in 2K9?

This year, the producers said that the teams should play like their real-life counterparts.

I think that's only half true. While you may see Orlando running a PNR, I don't recall seeing the 3 - 4 PNR that Rashard and Turk (Now Rashard and Carter).

I fear that in the final release, you will see Golden State taking quick shots and playing uptempo, and you may also see San Antnio slow it down. But I don't get the sense that the players involved will be participating in the offensive scheme the same way.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #563
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
Do you get the same sense as I do that the CPU offense isn't structured and they all run, essentially, the same backdoor, Princeton-style offense that every team ran in 2K9?

This year, the producers said that the teams should play like their real-life counterparts.

I think that's only half true. While you may see Orlando running a PNR, I don't recall seeing the 3 - 4 PNR that Rashard and Turk (Now Rashard and Carter).

I fear that in the final release, you will see Golden State taking quick shots and playing uptempo, and you may also see San Antnio slow it down. But I don't get the sense that the players involved will be participating in the offensive scheme the same way.

Wow some of you guys are too Sim for me. I mean I can't wait for NBA 2k10, I play the 82 game association and create my player but some of you guys take it to the next level on what you expect. I think when a game gets to this point, the game loses the fun factor because you have someone expecting it to be like real life 100%. Its not a knock on you but I mean I love the fact that the game is realistic but I also like the fact that its not as arcadish as Live.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #564
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

We'll I really like the DEMO. For me the subtle difference between 9 & 10 are there. I feel the controls are tighter. The off-ball movement looks really good on both sides of the ball. Not to mention they feel like they have some weight to them.

The graphics look great. You can see that the team from GTA who did the face-mapping did an awesome job.

Look forward to the full version
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #565
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Wow some of you guys are too Sim for me. I mean I can't wait for NBA 2k10, I play the 82 game association and create my player but some of you guys take it to the next level on what you expect. I think when a game gets to this point, the game loses the fun factor because you have someone expecting it to be like real life 100%. Its not a knock on you but I mean I love the fact that the game is realistic but I also like the fact that its not as arcadish as Live.
I can definitely respect that.

I watch lots of basketball and, the older I get, the more I want some strategy tied into the actual game play. For me, NBA 2K10 appears to fall short of the X's and O's.

But I do understand that there are people who like to enjoy their games at different levels, which is why I think that the developers need to retire the old "Easy, Medium, Hard" levels and replace them with levels that accurately reflect the type of game you wish to enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #566
Strategy

OVR: 36
Hope it'll be avail for PS3 tomorrow. but I think it's not going to until next week
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #567
Rookie

OVR: 2
For some who are having doubts based on the demo, you can check pastapadre's and get a feel for what the full game has to offer. The demo doesn't do justice to the game...2K could have done better.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #568
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
I can definitely respect that.

I watch lots of basketball and, the older I get, the more I want some strategy tied into the actual game play. For me, NBA 2K10 appears to fall short of the X's and O's.

But I do understand that there are people who like to enjoy their games at different levels, which is why I think that the developers need to retire the old "Easy, Medium, Hard" levels and replace them with levels that accurately reflect the type of game you wish to enjoy.
Totally get what your saying but i think if an NBA game ever gets to the point where AI does exactly what the real NBA will do, does the videogame become less a game and more maybe computer program for coaches to use? Reading the impressions on this thread, it seems that people are more dissapointed in the tendency realism of the game. I thought NBA 2k9 was a great game and if NBA 2k10 is a polished NBA 2k9 then i wont be dissapointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »