Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #553
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I enjoyed the Combine; was very excited for this demo but after playing about 5 or 6 games, I'm sort of disappointed. Feels like a "tightened" up version of 2k9. I enjoyed the new animations, especially some of the rebounding ones and how the cpu found the open man a lot better. I'm glad the turbo was toned down so much, but I never played any previous version of 2k holding the turbo down all that much so that is what it is. I enjoyed the clip of Kanye's "so amazing" at the beginning. Truthfully, I expect the final game to be better than the demo, but not leaps and bounds better. Hope I'm wrong. Either way, with the graphical enhancements, combine, beefed up CAP and some other enhancements I think 2k10 will be a nice step forward, overall.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #554
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
this is not a demo, this is more like going to Sam's on a Saturday morning and getting to sample new products.
Is that not the purpose of a demo?

Nah I know what you mean though. I would go even further and say they don't give you a full sample, they give you a drop.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #555
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I was leaning towards Live before the demo. After playing both last nite extensively, going with 2k. Sure Live feels fresh. However, 2K is tried, true, and consistently consistent almost to a fault. A tweaked 2K9 with a huge boost to the atmosphere, I'm going for what I know. Can't afford both on 10/6, may get Live later on.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #556
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Post Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Is that not the purpose of a demo?

Nah I know what you mean though. I would go even further and say they don't give you a full sample, they give you a drop.
not when compared to Live's demo. Two 3 minute halves is fair. 2K10 is like being starving and someone offering you a sunflower seed.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #557
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
not when compared to Live's demo. Two 3 minute halves is fair. 2K10 is like being starving and someone offering you a sunflower seed.
I LOVE sunflower seeds!!...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #558
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
Sorry buddy, you completely ignored his point. No one questioned the fact that you have played since the Dreamcast days. No one questioned your credentials as a gamer. You DON'T have NBA 2K10, and you haven't learned how to play it yet.
I didn't miss his point. I understood what he was saying perfectly.

I KNOW how to play the game, the issue is not figuring that out. The problem is that I DO NOT LIKE THE CHANGES.

This game has been in regression control-wise since 2K7. They tinkered with "Isomotion" in 28 and they have been building on that flawed model ever since.

The demo was weak. Point blank. The best part of the game (commentary) is not even present in the demo.

Please understand this. Being able to play a game, and actually liking the game that you are playing, can be two different issues. I can play anything that 2K puts out but that doesn't mean that I'm crazy about it.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #559
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
Sorry buddy, you completely ignored his point. No one questioned the fact that you have played since the Dreamcast days. No one questioned your credentials as a gamer. You DON'T have NBA 2K10, and you haven't learned how to play it yet.
And don't get me wrong, I welcome any debate regarding the game itself, but he DID questions my credentials as a gamer by insinuating that I was a fan of the "other" title.

HA! HILARIOUS....
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #560
Banned

OVR: 11

2K10 is just like 2K9 as far as the ease of strolling into the paint to score, and the CPU doing nothing but cuts to the basket. Sure they throw it out for a jumper now and then, but not because they have to. They do it because that's what the script tells them to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »