Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #537
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Damm...

Between you and Will (WTF) not liking the demo much...I am officially starting to get a bit concerned.
Nah. It's a 400+ mb file. It's clear there is a ton of stuff missing. The demo doesn't tell you anything one way or another if you've played the combine. Isomotion is cleaned up. Shooting feels better. Step backs are much more effective, blah blah blah.

But the demo is pure crap. It's obviously not an indication of what the final game will be like. You can't even call plays. How can you rate a basketball demo where you can't even call plays? And there is a whole new playcalling option in the final game.

Sometimes people on this site ignore the obvious to allow themselves to indulge in whatever cathartic whining or praise they want to indulge in. The 2k10 demo is not an indication of what the final game will be like. Safe to say, if you don't like the way the Combine plays, you won't like 2k10, most likely.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 AM   #538
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon4 Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I love all the people telling themselves how vastly different the final version of the game will be. YES, I know everything the demo copy is missing feature-wise, spare me. The game releases TUESDAY. There won't be monumental changes to the core gameplay. If people are smelling some turd in their sandwich, it's because it's there. The mere fact there's this much spinning only deepens people's belief they already have and their fear of dropping $60 on this only to have to drop another $60 on Live once they realize they enjoy it more. For those buying both it's a non-issue (as it will be for the fanboys burying their heads in the sand). But I won't be so arrogant as to say the concerned people shouldn't be concerned. They should be...they should be.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #539
Rookie

OVR: 2
After trying both demos, I have decided to go for live. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE 2k NBA games. Been going with 2k since 06. However, I just feel that the things that I hate in 2k9, while still persistent in 2k10, doesn't occur in live 10. For one, the post-up game is not a sure way to score in live 10.

Another factor is that I noticed that the things I was looking for in 2k9 (or what 2k9 was missing) was implemented in live10 or at least was implemented better in live10. Mid-range game is better, mismatches are more evident (speedy players can blow by big players), momentum system is great, handling is very fluid, etc...

I'm not saying 2k10 sucks. It's more of, live was able to match 2k9 at the very least (yes nine) and at the same time, was also able to implement the things that I was looking for last year. 2k10 on the other hand, is an uber polished version of 2k9, which I guess makes it good or bad depending on how you look at it. Again, 2k10 isn't a bad game. I just personally like the stuff you can do with live10. (Plus, live10 feels like a sim now, something I loved about 2k NBA games)
Old 09-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #540
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMontalban
I love all the people telling themselves how vastly different the final version of the game will be. YES, I know everything the demo copy is missing feature-wise, spare me. The game releases TUESDAY. There won't be monumental changes to the core gameplay.
You can't call plays in the demo, the difficulty level is really low and you can't touch any BASIC sliders like speed and fouls. Ronnie from 2k has specifically addressed the fact that even early users will have some issues with the game because until they can DL the first amount of content and get to the 2k servers, the game isn't working in full.

You can't call plays in the demo.

Can't stress that enough. Without being able to make coaching adjustments or call plays, a lot of the spacing and rotations you see are due to the lack of settings in this really small file. Less than half a gig. 300 megs of that is probably just the crowd

And for the rest of you....

I can't believe you're crying about the percentages of the CPU. It's so easy to stop them it's ridiculous. I had just pulled an all-nighter and was talking on XBL when I first tried it, but now that the game has my full coffee-powered attention, I held the CPU to 25% shooting. Easily.

I don't know what the hell kind of defense OS is playing, but some of the comments I've seen regarding both games are really off. The CPU in the 2k10 demo is not making ANY shots they shouldn't be making. Put a hand in their face and they'll miss the jumper. Get a body on Dwight and he won't dunk on you. Stay in front of your man and he won't get to the basket.

The cutting only happens when your teammate AI misses an assignment, but if you make some minor adjustments at the beginning of every play, they won't do that. I could be wrong, but I seriously feel a lot of the AI defense issues have to do with not having coaching/pressure settings. Or being able to call a zone for that matter, lol. Because we can't call plays in the demo.

I don't know what's more infuriating, the fact that 2k put out a demo without plays, or the fact that people are overlooking it when evaluating the demo.

EDIT: I just blew the CPU out 15-4. I think I shot 100%. They scored on a putback and a fastbreak alley. WTF is going with OS? This game is obviously set on Rookie, or Super-Rookie or something.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 09-30-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #541
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I don't know what the hell kind of defense OS is playing, but some of the comments I've seen regarding both games are really off. The CPU in the 2k10 demo is not making ANY shots they shouldn't be making. Put a hand in their face and they'll miss the jumper. Get a body on Dwight and he won't dunk on you. Stay in front of your man and he won't get to the basket.
So, the player movement doesn't feel at all wonky, or sluggish to you? This is a big problem, for me, personally. Along with the defensive assist, and constant player movement-which I thought was good thing. But, I seem to fight with my player to go (or stay) where I want-even moreso than that other game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 AM   #542
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

But the demo is pure crap. It's obviously not an indication of what the final game will be like. .
See, I don't understand that at all....why release a demo if it's crap?

What's the point?

Imagine I owned a resteraunt...would I stand outside in the street saying "hey, taste this...it's only half cooked and tastes like crap, but if you come in and pay for a full meal it will be better"?

At the very least...the 2K guys should have explained what's missing /why the demo is sub standard. Or maybe it's actually a true representation?

Yes, I can see why plays are left out of a demo...but why would ISOmotion be any worse.

Why release a demo of your product that basically makes it look poor? No logic there at all.

I love the Draft Combine...so I'm prepared to wait and see.

But the 2K10 demo vids + the vids of the full game over at Pasta's site don't look very good at all.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 AM   #543
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

I have not experienced this in the teeniest, tiniest bit.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #544
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
I have not experienced this in the teeniest, tiniest bit.
I hope you're right, honestly. I actually liked the way the combine handled, for the most part. The controls really did seem tighter. Not so much the case here. But, this IS the demo-that comes out waay after the combine. So..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »